Speaker swap for dummies

AAHIHaveNoIdeaWhatImDoing

Reaction score
I will maybe look at the Brit Lead, that was the other one the WGS guy recommended, but only if this Vet 30 displeases me. So far it is. . .different. Have to see how I feel in a while. May just be that at the low volumes I play at, everything's gonna have a same-iness to it.

As for having tech know-how 'cause of my line of work. . .good thought but WRONG. I know how to USE cameras, audio gear, etc. Don't know how to build em/fix 'em/mod em. We can sit and talk about cinematography all day but I couldn't build a simple tungsten light with a gun to my head.

EndGame00

Reaction score
The Vet30 is slightly mellower in the mids compare to the Vintage30. I have one, but since I got a Celestion Lynchback, I haven't used the Vet since...

Reaction score
cool. arent all the celestions like double the price of the WGS speakers, though? and to my taste this thing does not need to be any brighter.

rick16v

Reaction score
Well, speaker came a day earlier than expected, so I got bold and put it in (was gonna wait 'til after our Friday gig). It was indeed super simple.

In my experience the sound maychange noticeably as the speaker breaks in. I had a hughes and Kettner cab with a V30 in it and the tone softened considerably after i abused it for several hours to break it in.

Reaction score
yes, thanks. although with how low i play even at gigs that break-in may take a while. hopefully longer than the 30-45 mins we'll be playing!

rick16v

Reaction score
I used a looper, recorded a loop that had clean and overdriven parts playing up and down the neck, wrapped the cab up in blankets to dull the sound, and gave it a fair few hours a day.

Reaction score
aaah, clever! may try that when i get home. i guess i could run something out of my computer's audio interface? (apogee duet).

BowerR64

Reaction score
wow your user name really puts a wrinkle in the thread

-
---
-
---
-
---

rick16v

Reaction score
aaah, clever! may try that when i get home. i guess i could run something out of my computer's audio interface? (apogee duet).

Don't see why not, but as your is a combo, heat dissipation would be an issue with all those valves wrapped in a blanket. I done think that would be the best for them. It was easy for me because I was using a cab.

Reaction score
Ah. Ok, then maybe I won't do that.

My username is actually a small part of a sophisticated plot involving communicating with shady types via morse code on guitar amp message boards. My username creates the dash, the rest of you are dots. ****, I've said too m-----AAAGHGHGGHGHGHG

EndGame00

Reaction score
The reason why I don't use the Vet 30 because the mids on my lead boost becomes too "honky" when engaged.

The Lynchback balances it out, so the built-in lead/mid boost sounds great in a band mix.

Reaction score
yeah, not sure im married to it yet. so you guys like the brit lead? sample on their site sounds good, other than that cant find any samples except for that one guy on youtube a/b ing it with some other amp.

Reaction score
oh also, dumb noob question, but do higher watt speakers make the amp louder at the same volume settings than a lower watt speaker would (e.g the 80 watt brit lead would be louder than the 60 watt vet 30 with amp volume set same way)?

mtm105

Reaction score
go to Warehouse Guitar Speaker site and post questions on forum.

Takes a few days to get a response. But you should get a valid answer. If not, they're user friendly and call on phone.

EndGame00

Reaction score
oh also, dumb noob question, but do higher watt speakers make the amp louder at the same volume settings than a lower watt speaker would (e.g the 80 watt brit lead would be louder than the 60 watt vet 30 with amp volume set same way)?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srFGTfzeWuk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srFGTfzeWuk[/ame]

Follow this guy. He's using WGS British Lead, according to his video description..

Reaction score
Thanks. I emailed WGS with some questions, hopefully they respond. I dunno, I warming to the Vet 30. It's pretty badass. To my ears (again, I have to judge in my hard floored apartment), amp is still pretty damn bright. Would the British Lead be even brighter? Maybe quit while I'm ahead.

Sample in the video above sounds good though!