• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Splitting a DSL40CR / head & 2x12 cab

SkidKid

Reaction score
I had my DSL40CR on top of a 1x12 cab I built however never really liked the look. I decided to build a 2x12 the same dimensions as a 1936 cab and a head for my 40CR. Poked around the internet for pictures and decided to use the 1959RR as my inspiration. Not exactly 100% but I'm OK with that, kind of unique looking 40CR.

*Marshall logo on head needs adjustment, that's what I get for rushing to install the final piece. ‍♂️

The cab really blew my away, it sounds amazing. It's loaded witha WGS Reaper HP and a Retro 30. Both are 16 ohms and wired in parallel.

Cab and head are fully constructed from 13 ply baltic birch.

Funny on wood prices, a few months ago a 4×8 sheet was about $70, now it's $125!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210831-125154_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210831-125154_Gallery.jpg
    736.7 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_20210831-125139_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210831-125139_Gallery.jpg
    791.4 KB · Views: 33

gregr

Reaction score
I wish Marshall would sell right side up faceplates.

SkidKid

Reaction score
Nice Work !
My DSL40H is not worthy !!

Lol! Thanks man, this was one of my favorite projects. I actually planned on building a DSL style head but I really liked the uniqueness of a plexi inspired DSL. I debated flipping the entire chasis however everything upside down would drive me crazy. Your setup rocks btw!!!

FracStrat

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol! Thanks man, this was one of my favorite projects. I actually planned on building a DSL style head but I really liked the uniqueness of a plexi inspired DSL. I debated flipping the entire chasis however everything upside down would drive me crazy. Your setup rocks btw!!!
Thanks ! Mine was a 40C so I did take the opportunity to add the C19 options ( Mini toggle right above the Ultra Gain button .. huge difference maker ) and a nice switchable cooling fan array ..
Perfect match for a 1966 Cab !!

SkidKid

Reaction score
Thanks ! Mine was a 40C so I did take the opportunity to add the C19 options ( Mini toggle right above the Ultra Gain button .. huge difference maker ) and a nice switchable cooling fan array ..
Perfect match for a 1966 Cab !!

Ok, I saw that switch and got super jealous for a minute because I don't have that. Lol. I've heard 40C owners mention a C19 mod but I didn't know it was a switch, super cool looking.

FracStrat

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, I saw that switch and got super jealous for a minute because I don't have that. Lol. I've heard 40C owners mention a C19 mod but I didn't know it was a switch, super cool looking.
It can be …… It just changes the value of the red channel treble bleed capacitor ……
The 40CR has a spot for the same cap but it’s unpopulated from the factory ( C74 )
.. I guess Marshall got the memo

SkidKid

Reaction score
Great job - looks awesome and I love the white tolex.

BTW I like your avatar. That’s one of my favorite movies and love the character Anton Chigurh.

Lol thanks. Yeah, that movie rocks! I actually had the picture for when my wife cut her hair short and I told he she looked like Anton......she did not find it as nearly as funny as I did.

matttornado

Reaction score
That looks incredible! Nice work!
Now i want to do that with my dsl40cr! lol

Latest posts