• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Strat for Strat?

BlackCharvel87

Reaction score
hey guys!
i've come across a very good deal an an american vintage ii fender strat in fiesta red locally, and am considering going to check it out.

now, i already have a black American standard strat that i believe is a 2007, and I have a MIJ "57" strat that I believe is about 10-15 years old. both are in excellent condition...
i wonder if it would be worth replacing one of those two guitars with the fiesta red... (probably the black one if i had to pick??)

or perhaps it's all a moot point and not worth the hassle as i already have two good strats? (not counting my first strat that i will never sell, and i have a charvel superstrat, that doens't quite count)

Thanks!

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
american vintage ii fender strat in fiesta red

have a black American standard strat

have a MIJ "57" strat

not counting my first strat that i will never sell

have a charvel superstrat
Full stop.🛑

You can't just go rattling off a list of axes like this without pics.
:photos: - or this is all just hypothetical.

BlackCharvel87

Reaction score
Full stop.🛑

You can't just go rattling off a list of axes like this without pics.
:photos: - or this is all just hypothetical.
hahaha ok!! i'll get some photos!

update on the Strat; checked it out. really nice guitar, but nothing to write home about IMO. and also found it to be heavier than either of my strats. i'll be passing on it. :)

ampeq

Reaction score
I'm not a Strat guy at all, I'v tried a lot of them but just can't seem to get on board. However, if you want a really nice one take a look at the Suhr and the Schecter. Both are very well made guitars with a great feel.

BlackCharvel87

Reaction score
I'm not a Strat guy at all, I'v tried a lot of them but just can't seem to get on board. However, if you want a really nice one take a look at the Suhr and the Schecter. Both are very well made guitars with a great feel.
yeah i have two Fender strats and one Charvel super strat, and Strats were my first love really, and the first electric I had. they feel natural to me. I went to check out this one because it was a good deal. turns out, it was just a strat, haha. definitely not enough of a step up to be worth it to me.

ampeq

Reaction score
yeah i have two Fender strats and one Charvel super strat, and Strats were my first love really, and the first electric I had. they feel natural to me. I went to check out this one because it was a good deal. turns out, it was just a strat, haha. definitely not enough of a step up to be worth it to me.
It’s funny, my first guitar was a Strat, well a Strat copy. I tried just about all the Fenders, G&L and a host of others. Then some folks here told me to check out the Suhr and Schecter ones, both were outstanding guitars. I ended up with a Schecter Nick Johnston signature model with a Wenge neck. This one:
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...VPaBaBR1o6CEIEAQYBiABEgLYTPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
However I think they’re more std. type would be better for me. It’s really the single coil thing I’m after, not so much a Strat. So for my needs I’m gonna try a LP with P90’s if I can find one I really like. I do have a guitar just like my custom model on order with P90’s and a gold top. (The fancy top is way more $) But it takes forever.

Latest posts