Strats with big ass necks.

• Thread starter SuperBeaver
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SuperBeaver

Reaction score
Ok guys need a Strat. I know a lot of you dudes here love em.

I find the modern c too small for me.

What Strats have the biggest necks? My favourite neck is the 52 Tele neck. Basicly. A baseball bat

SuperBeaver

Reaction score
I remember the EC and SRV strats from the late 80's/early 90's had fat necks.

Yea I had a Clapton, it was more of a V shape. I'm also looking at a rosewood board. Stevie Ray's is great but I don't want to play 'his' guitar and look like a fanboy. I've already ripped off enough of his licks :naughty:

I could buy a SRV neck but they're a fortune on ebay.

zenfly

Reaction score
I have a Clapton neck on my black strat.. Better than the real thin ones but I love the neck on a 52 relic tele I played yrs ago so I put one together with ebay parts and a fat full "C" shape from warmouth and it's killer..

SuperBeaver

Reaction score
I have a Clapton neck on my black strat.. Better than the real thin ones but I love the neck on a 52 relic tele I played yrs ago so I put one together with ebay parts and a fat full "C" shape from warmouth and it's killer..

Warmouth parts are great, but here in the uk the postage and customs charges make them really expensive.

zenfly

Reaction score
Warmouth parts are great, but here in the uk the postage and customs charges make them really expensive.

Thats what the US should do with all the crap that comes from China but the big corporations that make billions on all the imported crap own our politicians.. If we took all the Chinese shit out of the stores here they'd be empty and now they're making your Celestions that I wouldn't touch with a 10' pole..

That 52 relic tele I played years ago is still in my memory but it was $1800 then but a good investment if you look at what they're worth now..

I'd keep my eye on ebay.. If you can grab a used one for cheep the tax shouldn't kill you..

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...385422815&_nkw=warmoth%20neck&_sop=15

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

SuperBeaver

Reaction score
Thats what the US should do with all the crap that comes from China but the big corporations that make billions on all the imported crap own our politicians.. If we took all the Chinese shit out of the stores here they'd be empty and now they're making your Celestions that I wouldn't touch with a 10' pole..

That 52 relic tele I played years ago is still in my memory but it was $1800 then but a good investment if you look at what they're worth now..

I'd keep my eye on ebay.. If you can grab a used one for cheep the tax shouldn't kill you..

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...385422815&_nkw=warmoth%20neck&_sop=15

You're bang on the money my friend. I will not buy anything Chineese if I have a choice.
I don't like their politics and the repression of the people of china.

Also they're stuff (instrument related anyway) is shit and destined for the bin in a couple of years like the rest of our throwaway society.

Guitar wise for me it's only USA or Japan though I have a handmade Tele from Amsterdam which is excellent.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

poeman33

Reaction score
The Jimmy Vaughan Strat has a soft V neck.
The 70's reissue has a big U neck.
Jeff Beck is a "soft C". I didn't think it was particularly thick...but you'd have to try one out I guess.
I have a neck from a Highway 1 and it's a older style C neck. A fair bit chunkier than my American Standards. Not sure if that was a one-of, but I like it.

SuperBeaver

Reaction score
The Jimmy Vaughan Strat has a soft V neck.
The 70's reissue has a big U neck.
Jeff Beck is a "soft C". I didn't think it was particularly thick...but you'd have to try one out I guess.
I have a neck from a Highway 1 and it's a older style C neck. A fair bit chunkier than my American Standards. Not sure if that was a one-of, but I like it.

yea the new Beck is small but the old lace sensor one is a tree trunk.