Studio Classic Master Volume

• Thread starter Bailz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bailz

Reaction score
Studio Classic users... How much do you feel that master volume affects your tone?

Trying to minimise the stage volume of the band at the moment and practiced with the MV at 2 (mic'd up). Sounded pretty good but now I'm questioning whether I keep the MV at 2 for gigs or run it higher and attenuate down to lower volumes.

What's your thoughts?

jmh276

Reaction score
Personally I prefer the MV to be turned up to at least 4, which I feel is when it starts to open up. Anything below sounds a little dull. I use it with a Rivera rock crusher on the -3db setting to knock the edge off and to minimise tone suck. I also generally have the preamp on 7. I’m only a bedroom player though so don’t know what it would sound like mic’ed up.

Kuga

Reaction score
Studio Classic users... How much do you feel that master volume affects your tone?

Trying to minimise the stage volume of the band at the moment and practiced with the MV at 2 (mic'd up). Sounded pretty good but now I'm questioning whether I keep the MV at 2 for gigs or run it higher and attenuate down to lower volumes.

What's your thoughts?
I'm a Higain tone boy. If I play with the master volume above 4 I don't like it basically because the effects loop sounds distorted. I think I would enjoy most with a 2003X.

V-man

Reaction score
I have the real 2203 and can’t speak on the differences of the SC, but most gigging situations call for the 100W amp’s Master to be set at 4.

I struggle to imagine the 20W would be right at 2 live (but maybe it’s a different pot taper).

What you DO NOT want 9 out of 10 times is a MV amp attenuated. That’s what the master is for.

Maniac Mike

Reaction score

What's your thoughts?
Preamp maxed out for fuller sound
Master on 7, sweetspot 6,5 - 7,5, sounds much thinner 6 and below
Pushed with SD-1, almost full level and gain just open, not more.
Attenuate at home but not at rehersals.
P6
B 5
M6
T7
Some reverb/delay
EQ in the loop for tweaking the final product :drool:

paul-e-mann

Reaction score

What's your thoughts?
I dont think it matters, not different enough to make a difference, especially in a band mix.

PelliX

Reaction score
You're using a 20w maplifier and you need to turn down? Who' is doing this to you, is some sound "engineer" telling you you're too loud again? This has to stop.

^

2 on the MV of a SC? Is your drummer using a practice pad? Does the harp do an acoustic solo in this gig? If that's the level for aiming for, drop it to the low power mode and go for 3...?

What's the name of the band; Silent Tap? :D