Sully guitars

• Thread starter hellride
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

hellride

Reaction score
Anybody that has tried one? Especially interested in the Raven model.

BlackSG91

Reaction score
I've seen his work and he has some guitars that simply look stunning! He's on the Luthier forum...there's a link below at the bottom of the page along with Alex's other forums. I've talked with him on there & he's a pretty nice guy.;) His YouTube videos are good and I've learned quite a few things from him.:)

BobPeabody67

Reaction score
Will someone post a pic of the whole '92 and Raven? My iPad is retarded about those types of web pages. From what I can tell, the Raven is a hot rodded Firebird, correct?:stratch:

BobPeabody67

Reaction score
I've never really liked the double cutaway Les Paul look. The color is fine, but the pick guard does need to go.:lol:

For God's sake, I've got a Peavy Vandenberg in that same pink color.:lol:

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never really liked the double cutaway Les Paul look. The color is fine, but the pick guard does need to go.:lol:

For God's sake, I've got a Peavy Vandenberg in that same pink color.:lol:

I like the double cutaway and I like how the fretboard starts where the neck joins the body for full access...and the P-90. :D What's not to like? Yeah that pink is :ugh: hahaha

BobPeabody67

Reaction score
That neck access is a good point.:lol: I think P-90's look dumb, but sound good, so if I could find a standard humbucker on the outside, and a P-90 on the inside, I'd be golden.:lol:

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
JC has something just like that in the works for me. That's just about exactly what I told her I wanted and I fully expected her to say it couldn't be done, but instead she said "I got this". The last time she posted about pickups she said she liked it so much she was putting it in the guitar she's building. I can't wait 'til she's back into the swing, I'm dying to try it! :applause:

BobPeabody67

Reaction score
JC has something just like that in the works for me. That's just about exactly what I told her I wanted and I fully expected her to say it couldn't be done, but instead she said "I got this". The last time she posted about pickups she said she liked it so much she was putting it in the guitar she's building. I can't wait 'til she's back into the swing, I'm dying to try it! :applause:

Dude.. When you finally get it, let me know how it sounds man.:lol: That's something I'd definitely get.:lol:

Biddlin

In Memorandum
Reaction score
BASONESMOKERSDELIGHT.JPG
Helmetguitar.jpg
ESPANGELSWORD.jpg
110273248314-1.jpg
weedleaf_13.jpg
mDZ1da5jneKJUI2Mf8Lq9iA.jpg
gene-simmons-axe-guitar.jpg

Oh...Oh, so sorry, I thought it said Silly guitars,
Never mind. :cool:
;>)/

SullyGuitars

Reaction score
I've seen his work and he has some guitars that simply look stunning! He's on the Luthier forum...there's a link below at the bottom of the page along with Alex's other forums. I've talked with him on there & he's a pretty nice guy.;) His YouTube videos are good and I've learned quite a few things from him.:)

:wave: Thanks!

From what I can tell, the Raven is a hot rodded Firebird, correct?:stratch:

Kinda; it's profile was originally taken from a tracing of Robbin Crosby's catfish graphic'ed Jackson Firebird. The silhouette is different from the Gibson Firebird, and some of the dimensions are different as well to prevent neck dive. Here are a couple of others:

6413097755_59874ee465_o.jpg

12603405884_07e08e21e9_o.jpg

Dude.. That '92 not so much, but I'm really digging the Raven.:lol: Hot Rod Firebird with an old BC Rich like headstock. That's pretty killer looking.:lol: Just move the knobs back.:ugh::lol:

Thanks! The knob placement is something that I'd change on that particular guitar, but that was where my customer wanted them. However, I don't put them where Gibson does. Glad you picked up on the nod to BCR; my first good electric guitar was an '83 NJ Warlock with their original 6 in line headstock. I wanted to pay homage without ripping anyone off.

I said in BLACK!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: BLACK!!!! ...and no pick guard!

Black can be done, but you kinda need the pickguard if you go with a set neck construction on these. Granted, a thin veneer could cover the top after the neck has been set.... :)

Sully

BlackSG91

Reaction score
:wave: Thanks!

Kinda; it's profile was originally taken from a tracing of Robbin Crosby's catfish graphic'ed Jackson Firebird. The silhouette is different from the Gibson Firebird, and some of the dimensions are different as well to prevent neck dive. Here are a couple of others:

6413097755_59874ee465_o.jpg

12603405884_07e08e21e9_o.jpg

Thanks! The knob placement is something that I'd change on that particular guitar, but that was where my customer wanted them. However, I don't put them where Gibson does. Glad you picked up on the nod to BCR; my first good electric guitar was an '83 NJ Warlock with their original 6 in line headstock. I wanted to pay homage without ripping anyone off.

Black can be done, but you kinda need the pickguard if you go with a set neck construction on these. Granted, a thin veneer could cover the top after the neck has been set.... :)

Sully

Awesome!:yesway: I'm glad you're here on this very fine forum.;) I haven't been on the Luthier forum for awhile, but I should start checking it out again and your work. I remember the one guitar you finished for a customer and you posted pics of it. After it was all done, the body shape bothered you so much that you ended up smashing the guitar to bits!:ugh: I thought that was funny...a calm, cool, collective guy like you losing his cool.:lol::naughty: But hey, it happens. You don't want to sell any guitar that you're not pleased with and I know you are a perfectionist.:D I liked your wet-sanding video on YT, especially when you say fun times, yep, fun times.:lol::yesway: