Supertremolo and Superlead

• Thread starter Ducciozep
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

neikeel

Reaction score
It is far from normal maintenance but looks to have been done well - like a clean and tidy clone (probably the original chassis stripped chemically cleaned re-plated and re-asembled with new hardware) look at the corrosion on the OT and choke for example.
To buy an original in the UK would be around £2500 to 3000GBP (that would have the original parts like PT and not needing a re-cover of the cab). The only bit I see as departure from original spec is the PT and filtering (which combined may affect the tone - you would need to measure the voltages (at idle and under load) and know the value of the filter caps.
Italian prices tend to be higher and there may be a shortage of decent amps so buying a fixer upper as a players grade might be a way forwards as it has original preamp boards and OT and most pots. 1500E is not a steal but unlikely to find one cheaper, just be prepared for some resto work.

Ducciozep

Reaction score
It is far from normal maintenance but looks to have been done well - like a clean and tidy clone (probably the original chassis stripped chemically cleaned re-plated and re-asembled with new hardware) look at the corrosion on the OT and choke for example.
To buy an original in the UK would be around £2500 to 3000GBP (that would have the original parts like PT and not needing a re-cover of the cab). The only bit I see as departure from original spec is the PT and filtering (which combined may affect the tone - you would need to measure the voltages (at idle and under load) and know the value of the filter caps.
Italian prices tend to be higher and there may be a shortage of decent amps so buying a fixer upper as a players grade might be a way forwards as it has original preamp boards and OT and most pots. 1500E is not a steal but unlikely to find one cheaper, just be prepared for some resto work.
Yes... not easy in Italy... I found a SuperBass 1974 at same time and price. For the rest, since I'm not an expert I should ask to a friend. My resto will be first for tolex, piping and logo.
I found here very professional guys!
Duccio

Last edited:

Ducciozep

Reaction score
Hello. How can I recognize if is shared ofsplit?
Thanks

The trems come in two types. One is shared cathode (like the Buesbreaker trem amps) and split cathode. I am pretty sure I have seen both in the late 60s and early 70s. The split cathode will get you the tones you hear in the clips above. A 69 should be split?? The earlier shared are a bit thicker and typically less crisp c/w the split ones but of course can be modded if needs be. I guess it depends how much the one you are buying has been hacked about?

neikeel

Reaction score
Look at v2 (first preamp tube - not Trem) There are two yellow wires to the tube if split and only one on shared.