SV20h - no power cable included??

• Thread starter nioclás
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ByrdmanFL

Reaction score

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
The last two I bought new (DSL 402's) both came with power leads. The heads I've bought new in the past (JMD50, JCM1 and JMP1) all came with power and speaker leads.
I wouldn't worry too much on the omission, it happens.
I prefer to use an after market one I have that is much longer than the included 2 meter one you get with an amp anyways.

Ufoscorpion

Reaction score
Power cable sure, but I've NEVER heard of a speaker cable being included with a head.

Maybe I just haven't gotten enough head? :scratch:
Marshall and Friedman supply speaker cables with their amps , my Ori50h and Runt 50 came with them anyway.

Edgar Frog

Reaction score
My Origin 20H came with both a speaker cable and a power cord. I've never seen an amp not come with a power cord. You should be able to get one at no extra cost since it should have came with one. I wouldn't let it slide.

Reaction score
My new SV20h was delivered yesterday (NAD, yay:dude: )
To my surprise, there was no AC power cord in the box. There was the manual and the safety instruction (on paper) and s speaker cable, as usual. But no power cord. I thought a power cord should typically be included with new amps.

Now I'm starting to think if someone could have messed up with the box. It was closed with those huge copper staples, the amp was snug there nicely padded, no indication of opening or anything. Except the missing AC cable.

Do you guys receive AC cables with your new amps? TBH I don't remember if my SC20h had one when it was delivered some years ago.

It's a standard AC cable, I can easily find one, no big deal. But the thought that someone might have messed up with my amp is kinda bugging me. I wonder if it's

Leonard Neemoil

Reaction score
I've only bought 3 brand new amps in my life.

One, a Marshall combo, so obviously that doesn't count.

The second was that total piece of shit Carvin V3M head. No speaker cable included.

Third was a Marshall DSL 100hR (returned within days of arrival). No speaker cable there either. Maybe I received a return or they just don't supply them with the cheaper models. :scratch: :shrug:

No biggie because I never expected one anyway.

Kutt

Reaction score
That show is hilarious! I have the complete series and don't think I can watch it enough.

Ha! Ditto! That guy cracks me up- pickled in every scene and with the British accent I keep picturing him as the one forgetting to put power cables in boxes at the Marshall factory. If you know, you know!