Tell me about your Marshall clone

• Thread starter PowerTube44
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PowerTube44

Reaction score
I agree with that. The rhythm sound is absolutely huge. Like a good Marshall though, you gotta put them in an area where you can really open it up.

They are really really damn ...L O U D.

That "loud" issue could actually be resolved if they wanted to. An amp shouldn't go from whisper quiet to breaking windows with a very slight touch of the volume control. It seems to me that a better value of volume taper would fix that.

I owned this Splawn half stack for about a month and hated it more every time I plugged in.

PowerTube44

Reaction score
^^ The Quick Rod is a great sounding amp, especially through his (Splawn's) Smallblock speakers, not the best feeling amp for leads, but they're pretty angry sounding and aggressive for crunch, close kin to the Marshall family of tone.

To me, the Quick Rod had a very bold and obnoxious "slap you in the face" midrange that couldn't be dialed out. I'm sure it would cut through in a mix, but by itself, I grew to hate that sound very quickly.

Derek S

Reaction score
To me, the Quick Rod had a very bold and obnoxious "slap you in the face" midrange that couldn't be dialed out. I'm sure it would cut through in a mix, but by itself, I grew to hate that sound very quickly.

I hear you - mine didn't last very long either, recorded a couple of tunes with it but moved on pretty quickly. I liked what I heard for the most part, but primarily being a lead player/solo artist, I need more touchy, sensitivity, juicy-ness from single notes & lines, etc, just needed more feel honestly, the core tone was nice enough with tweaking for me tho.