The Dunlop Mini Volume Pedal

• Thread starter Mike_LA
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mike_LA

Reaction score
1704048079634.jpeg
In a effort to minimize my pedal board I recently purchased a Dunlop Mini Volume pedal.
It is a solid , very well built, Piece Of S#it.
How an Dunlop even release these from their production line?

85% of the volume drop comes in the first 5% of the pedal travel.
It is IMPOSSIBLE to do volume swells with it.

I opened it up to see if there was anything to do.
The tuner/exp switch only shuts the AUX output off and turning the little blue pot doesn't seem to do anything . . .
Total P.O.S. What a Waste of Money.
I used to have a roland pedal that worked flawlessly wish they made one in mini format . . .
full

Mike_LA

Reaction score
Well that sucks.
I know, especially since it's so well built.
I was going to get the cheaper DOD pedal but many reports of flimsy construction had me going for the more expensive pedal. This thing is a little tank, a dead in the water tank, but a tank none the less. . . .
Guess I'll try a Morley and hear if it's any better.

anitoli

Reaction score
Their stuff is usually very good. My old 95Q wah just keeps on delivering the goods. Better luck with something else.

Mike_LA

Reaction score
Ok apperntly I was hasty in my conviction of the pedal...

Please stand By

Control your volume and FX parameters without crowding your pedalboard. Saving space doesn't mean skimping on durability or functionality—the DVP4 Mini Volume (X) Pedal does everything that the larger DVP3 does at half the size, and it's just as durable and solidly built with a lightweight aluminum chassis, aggressive non-slip tread, and our patented Low Friction Band-Drive for a smooth range of motion and consistent, reliable performance. For maximum comfort and precision, the DVP4's rocker tension is fully adjustable.

The AUX output combines tuner and expression functionality into one jack that can be toggled with a switch inside the pedal. When using the DVP4 as an expression pedal, you can use an internal pot to set the minimum level of the parameter you're controlling with the rocker. If you want to reverse the function of the heel-down and toe-down positions, the DVP4 has another internal switch that allows you to do so.

Mike_LA

Reaction score
Ummm, nope.
Reducing the pedal friction helps a little but most of the sound drops off in the first bit of pedal travel.

Ken Ops

Reaction score
I just can’t get along with mini wah/volume/expression pedals anyway. *shrug*

But hey, hope you can sort this one out..

Mike_LA

Reaction score
I just can’t get along with mini wah/volume/expression pedals anyway. *shrug*

But hey, hope you can sort this one out..
Thnx, I really only need it to fade out of a loop based song. It's a pain in the @$$ but since really loosening up the pedal friction, I can make it work most of the time.

svinyard

Reaction score
This is a bummer, I was looking to grab the same thing after I saw that Andy Timmons uses two of them on his board (volume and Halo Delay level).

I think the alternative here is the Ernie Ball volume pedal that has a visual tuner built into it. You get the form factor that's better/bigger...and you still get the space savings by cutting out the separate tuner (assuming the Ernie Ball tuner is solid). You think that's a good option? I'm kind of hunting for the same thing.

matttornado

Reaction score
Maybe manufacturing installed the wrong type of pot. If there are many others with the same issues, then that could be it.

Mike_LA

Reaction score
Ok, so I now have a small passive Morley, it works Just Fine.
I tried again, all combinations of micro switches and foot pedal friction.
ALL total S#ITE.
Do Not Buy This Pedal unless all you need is a well built small on/off pedal
90% of the volume drop is in the frist 5% of pedal travel, Be Warned.