The "Good ole' Days"

• Thread starter SeanMichael
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

S.A.T.O.

Reaction score
Whenever someone pines for the old days I remind them of what Billy Joel said...

"The good old days weren't always good, and tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WMuj1bORn4]Billy Joel - Keeping The Faith - YouTube[/ame]

Ydna

In Memorandum
Reaction score
I'm right there with you. 60s and 70s put out the music I truly dig.

I'd go back if I could and see all the big acts.

Even with all that though, I try not to get caught up thinking that way, or I'm gonna end up letting my youth slip away looking back at the old days. No sense in that.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
Another born in..... '67!

For me, interesting is that back then, the gov't wasn't squelching your livelihood. You had more of a sense of self worth & safety. Now w/ all the programs to instill self worth, you feel like you aren't worth a shit, & safety, ha! what a joke. No matter how much money they throw at these programs, they fail miserably.

TV sensationalism has affected all parts of life. The news is reported not as fact, but entertainment, driven by money. Since sex & violence sells, that's what they sensationalize. News is set for drama, not information. Since we all know how controversial politics can be, they seem to focus more on that, but w/ heavy bias.

The media (Gov't, EDU & TV), is so hard up for your dependence, that they are constantly driving to instill fear into as many households they can, so that you rely on them to live your lives happily & worry free. Problem is they never fulfill their end of the bargain, they only seem to be parasitical to the host of households that they work their ploy upon.

In the old Soviet Union, they called it oppression. Here, we call it hope & change...

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
The 60's and 70's wasn't just about the music although it was very important, a big part of it was about the simple life, and that life didn't cost a fortune like it does today.

To put it bluntly, now that I've had a taste of it, I love all the perks in todays life and wouldn't trade it to go back in time.

Redders

Reaction score
I often feel the same, many of my guitar heroes are long gone and way before my time unfortunately :( (Hendrix, SRV, Rory Gallagher, Duane Allman) plus any other bandsi would of loved to have seen in their hayday (The Who, Thin Lizzy, The Doors, Pink Floyd... the list goes on).

Although at 27 I have still seen many of the greats, Clapton, The Stones, The Who (minus Moon & Entwistle), Neil Young and many more so i am privileged for that :)

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Currently living in a van down by the river.
I can't comment on this. It'd be 47 volumes long. Let's just say the music of any yesteryear is dead and long gone, except in the hearts and minds of those like me who keep it alive.

Long live the Samba Pa Ti. Long live the music that was before electric guitar and political statementium

Bring back the Kennedys and the Kings.

BlackSG91

Reaction score

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
Like the draft didn’t squelch any ones livelihood…
It may have squelched some (when it happened), but there has never been a draft in my lifetime.

The difference is the gov't is squelching everyone, well everyone who is a contributing member to society. If you have nothing to contribute, then the gov't is taking from everyone else & giving to you...

roycaster

Reaction score
It may have squelched some (when it happened), but there has never been a draft in my lifetime.

The difference is the gov't is squelching everyone, well everyone who is a contributing member to society. If you have nothing to contribute, then the gov't is taking from everyone else & giving to you...

There only has been no draft in your lifetime because the Pentagon realized that it made the wars unpopular. Just like the government realized raising taxes to pay for the cost of war made wars unpopular…

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
There only has been no draft in your lifetime because the Pentagon realized that it made the wars unpopular. Just like the government realized raising taxes to pay for the cost of war made wars unpopular…
Nonsense...

So, the AHA is simply to pay for wars? I thought it was to insure the uninsured... How about our state's 900% automobile tax, I suppose that's to pay for war too? They claim it pays for infrastructure. I suppose the school tax also pays for war... :yesway:...

All they do to me is make politicians unpopular...

Lo-Tek

Reaction score

Try not to get too upset about the Government. Remember, they work for big business so their actions may seem obtuse at times but in the end it's for the country's best interest. The commoners will receive the trickledown soon so buck up and don't fear! It's plutocracy in action! :lol:

Feeling Supersonic

Reaction score
I'm growing up in a humdrum commuter town with all its juvenile frustrations thrown in there.

If you can imagine, I'm a dreamer in my own mind wishing I was elsewhere, without seclusion and without this small mindedness.

I'm small town.

Whenever I travel to London or when I was at University, it always reminded me of my small life in my town in my room.

I don't exactly have radical fun in life. I'm more of a loser. I just waste time thinking and listening to music and playing guitar.

I'd like to be more social, in fact, I have lots of friends and end up going out and drinking each weekend.. but.

Well my point is. I wish I could accumulate new friends.

I want to surround myself with new friends - people that play guitar and treat music as serious as I do. More people to go to gigs with and more people to jam with.

I have a large pack of chums, but we're just football school friends. We've all known each other for 10+ years and we're very close.

However, I feel like an odd one. Mainly because I'm introverted with music/poetry and reading - and they're more metrosexual/alpha male/lads.. and I can do all that, but really.. I just want to sit back and listen to pink floyd, drink some whiskey and discuss some philosophy.

That's hard to come by though.

I mean, how many young dudes/gals are out there that want to get drunk whilst talking about existence?

So I'll just go out to get a fresh appetite for being alone.
[That is a quote by the way ^].

roycaster

Reaction score
Nonsense...

So, the AHA is simply to pay for wars? I thought it was to insure the uninsured... How about our state's 900% automobile tax, I suppose that's to pay for war too? They claim it pays for infrastructure. I suppose the school tax also pays for war... :yesway:...

All they do to me is make politicians unpopular...

We don’t we try and stay on topic? I know you have an indefensible believe that you can’t back up with a rational thought. A very large portion of our country’s national debt is because of an unfunded war in the Middle East, and Africa.
Yes Obama care is about getting the uninsured covered and corporate welfare.
I live in California; there is no 900% automobile tax. There is Sales Tax when you buy, and there is a biannual registration. If you’re so incensed about it spend some time driving in other states and see what it’s like.
School taxes pay for war? Only if you believe that with no real job prospects for these kids so are doomed to die in uniform...