The Marshall sounded great tonght! The Singer, not so much.

• Thread starter jaek
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jaek

Reaction score
Basically the title sums it all up. Love my Marshall its perfect. It's THAT tone thats in my head. The singer on the other hand (who also plays bass) is really pissing me off. He sped up during every damn song! The drummer and I were left wondering :wtf: Our rehearsals today sounded OK and everything was all set and ready to go we get to the venue and the singer is just a complete DICK to everybody including our hosts, he was fine earlier.

So what do I do? I can't exactly kick him out we've been friends for 10 years but seriously keeping time is basic stuff, especially when we have such a kick ass drummer who is more pissed off about this than me....

S.A.T.O.

Reaction score
You rehearse the day of the gig?

jaek

Reaction score
As far as I can tell he was sober.

and yeah we didn't really have a choice for this show cause of various work conflicts.....

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
Tape your next rehearsal. Show him how out of tune he is. Then find him a singing teacher. It doesnt have to be more complicated than that.

Has he got charisma as front man?

StootMonster

Reaction score
Friends are friends, band is band. If he isn't cutting it, get rid of him the nicest way possible. I had to fire a good friend from bass in my first band... he didn't like me for a few years, but he came around. Sounds harsh, but if you want your band to succeed, you have to make those executive decisions. Either that or just work with the guy really hard on keeping time and fill him in on how you represent a band, and that your demeanor at a gig is as important sometimes as how you sounded. Sometimes people will invite you back no matter how you sounded, just because they like you as a person. Well, as long as you didn't stink the place up, that is.

jaek

Reaction score
Friends are friends, band is band. If he isn't cutting it, get rid of him the nicest way possible. I had to fire a good friend from bass in my first band... he didn't like me for a few years, but he came around. Sounds harsh, but if you want your band to succeed, you have to make those executive decisions. Either that or just work with the guy really hard on keeping time and fill him in on how you represent a band, and that your demeanor at a gig is as important sometimes as how you sounded. Sometimes people will invite you back no matter how you sounded, just because they like you as a person. Well, as long as you didn't stink the place up, that is.

Nah we didn't stink up the place. People gave us good comments for the most part and mosta the people were drunk anyways. The guy who threw the party is a dick though and ignored my band all day, didn't tell us shit so I doubt we will be invited back regardless.

vintagevoltage351

Reaction score
Tape your next rehearsal. Show him how out of tune he is. Then find him a singing teacher. It doesnt have to be more complicated than that.

Has he got charisma as front man?

Funny how people usually change after they listen to themselves, especially after doing a gig.

Bourbon Development

Reaction score
Maybe he sang too hard at rehersal and his voice wasn't cooperating anymore and the pain and frustration were messing with his head. I avoid using my voice as much as possible the day of a show aside from warming up so I can sing for 3 hours straight and not sound like shit.