The Official Marshall Origin 50 Thread

• Thread starter MarshallDog
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ken361

Reaction score
Anyone have Epiphone pro buckers in there Les Paul's? I'm thinking there a little too smooth I might have to put a super distortion in. I want more raunchy biting tones. There's A 2 alnicos in the Epiphone so there not very high output.

Last edited:

Arc Anjil

Reaction score
Anyone have Epiphone pro buckers in there Les Paul's? I'm thinking there a little too smooth I might have to put a super distortion in. I want more raunchy biting tones. There's A 2 alnicos in the Epiphone so there not very high output.

I have a 2012 LP (PTP). I like the probuckers but I'm thinking of swapping them out for SD WLH's.
Also, I tend to use my Wampler PDD a lot....

ken361

Reaction score
Got some good Page/ACDC Plexi tones by upping the tilt treble and presence to almost 3 o clock with boost off with the SF pedal clean boosting. My Les Paul doesn't have a maple cap just a veneer top so it worked out pretty well. Also re adjusted the pickups a little higher.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
I finally got around to putting my mullard pre in the origin, I really can’t tell much difference between the one pulled. But I need to get another clip up maby I will hear the difference in the clips:cheers:

ColonelForbin

Reaction score
Love the rig! Got to use my Origin 50 head with 1960a cab this weekend; that's now my set up at our Saturday jam spot now. Quite a sound!

Put my Keeley limiter and Strymon pedals in the fx loop.

DwhZYgyh.jpg

s83dcIfh.jpg

tce63

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today, I was forced to leave my Origin 20C to the dealer, to be sent to Marshall for repair.

I bought it 20180522.

The problem that occurred is that I started using it in high mode in rehearsal.

In position low, everything works as it should sound good every time.

Also in mid mode, everything is OK

If I choose high mode , then it starts snapping and crunching even with the master at 0

If I start playing then it goes well for a little while and then vanishes, crackles and come back after a tenth of a second.

Will see what the verdict will be during next week...........

Last edited: