• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

The Temperance Movement. Listen to this!

• Thread starter Johnt
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ydna

In Memorandum
Reaction score
That song Only Friend is a hell of a song man!

Some of the leads sound straight like some Paul Kossof shit, vibrato and all.

levon

Reaction score
Re: The Temperance Movement

If anyone can recommend me more unknown or up & coming bands like this... Turn me on please!! Want more!! :)

Rival Sons, but I guess you guys in the US know them already.

Johnt

Reaction score
Yep, 'Heads Down' is a great album and IMO in the same area as The Temperance Movement. The two bands gigged together in the UK last year.

JohnT

BlackSG91

Reaction score
I never heard of Temperance Movement until now. They're sounding ****ing real good!:yesway::D They have a lot of energy and it's like they put 110% into each and every song. It really projects and these guys really gel together. They have some good vibes happening and I can see them getting big time. Hopefully they don't lose their edge if they do become super-famous. There were some good analogies to this band (Black Crows, Nazareth, etc.), but TM also reminds me of another band with that same kind of energy...does any remember Kings of Leon?:hmm:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF0HhrwIwp0]Kings Of Leon - Sex on Fire - YouTube[/ame]

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
Well...to be honest I didn't really care much for a lot of that slower stuff. I think I already heard all the songs I liked. :hmm: I'll have to give it another listen at work tomorrow, maybe I'm just not in the mood for it tonight. :scratch:

Johnt

Reaction score
07a382eb764cf8d5bb1d45b3fd4a005a_zps27921dca.jpg

The Temperance Movement - DSCVR Interview - YouTube

They're hoping to get out to the States later this year. Don't miss 'em if they do.

JohnT

Johnt

Reaction score
Well, these guys are all over the States from February through to May. All gigs are supporting Blackberry Smoke.
I'm tempted to get over the pond to one of them. Maybe Nashville Ryman, Milwaukee or Orlando House of Blues. Miss'em and you miss out. Saw them last in London last month and they are seriously kicking ass!:D

JohnT

wakjob

Reaction score
Good stuff!

These guys and BBS on the same bill will be a fantastic show.