The time has come-AxeFx or Kemper Profiler?

• Thread starter Australian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
That sounds quite reasonable. An Axe-FX is pretty hard to beat as the ultimate effects board even if you don't use any of its amp models.

Mike_LA

Reaction score
IIRC, he’s using Synergy modules for his amp tones and the Fractal for effects
Yah, I was wondering about that.
I've seen the Beat tour twice so far and saw both synergy and FX and was wondering how he was using the gear.
He total does the music right, more respect now that ever

rmlevasseur

Reaction score
I havent gone the modeler route per say, but I do run a wet dry wet with a patchmate. I have a loop that runs in and out of the audio interface and I use a ton of VSTs for effects. Some of the tones I can get are just incredible. Yesterday I was messing with the H3000 plug, valhalla delay and overloud modula, and damn if it wasnt the best 80s trichorus I have heard.

As for the amp modelers, I know they can sound great recorded, but in the room nothing sounds good coming out of my monitors, regardless of the IRs I use.

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
I saw Vai playing with BEAT just a few nights ago. Free ticket, of course I'd go. I've never been into experimental/avant-garde rock so it didn't do as much for me as it did for most of the audience but I can still appreciate the talent and musicianship. Their more conventional songs worked better for me, of course.

Latest posts