The time has come-AxeFx or Kemper Profiler?

• Thread starter Australian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

flyinguitars

Reaction score
Did you get the remote foot controller too? Are you using a traditional pedal board with the KPA?

If your asking me, no I don't have the foot controller. I am going to get one probably this week. I just got the kemper last week and wanted to try it live first. My son liked my tone so much last night....now he wants a kemper...lol. he has been using a couple 100 watt jcm 800s with a line 6 head for effects. But he has to crank the jcm 800s so loud. He will be gettinga kemper in the next month or two..lol

Hogie34

Reaction score
Welcome to the wonderful world of high end Modelers/profilers flyingutars! It's a wonderful world ! When you guys record, you'll really see the benefits of having one.

SonVolt

VIP Member
Reaction score
Bitch, I ain't rich. So if I wanted a small setup that would sit beside a computer desk what would you get? Powered Kemper with a 1x12? Which 1x12?

I do have a Mesa Mark IV 1x12 combo with a Black Shadow speaker in it, I wonder if I could unplug the speaker and run it into the Kemper?

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
Bitch, I ain't rich. So if I wanted a small setup that would sit beside a computer desk what would you get? Powered Kemper with a 1x12? Which 1x12? I do have a Mesa Mark IV 1x12 combo with a Black Shadow speaker in it, I wonder if I could unplug the speaker and run it into the Kemper?

You're a fan of Friedman gear so- https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ASM-12

Cthulhu

Reaction score
That's a FRFR speaker right? Seems like what I'm reading here is that the Kemnper sounds best powered through a real speaker cab?

How are you running yours?
In my opinion you need both. FRFR and a real cab. I have a 412 and nice studio monitors for my setup.

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
I hadn’t updated my Profiler in about a year.
What should I look for and try out thats new: effects etc.

SonVolt

VIP Member
Reaction score
Honeymoon still hasn't ended with the AxeFx 3. I wouldn't use this thing live, but for dicking around the computer it's freakin' incredible.

Frodebro

Reaction score
Honeymoon still hasn't ended with the AxeFx 3. I wouldn't use this thing live, but for dicking around the computer it's freakin' incredible.

Once you’ve used one in a live situation it’s hard to go back to the dinosaur rig.

SonVolt

VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe I would, I've never had the luxury to try it. I've been playing through studio monitors (that's why I bought it), and while it sounds killer sitting at the computer, it's a very difference experience than standing in front of a half stack. I think I would still prefer a real rig when playing with a drummer. My use-case was never live though so the point is moot. It's 100% worth every penny for me.