TL806 Spring Cleaning

• Thread starter Geeze
  • Start date
  • Tags
    evm12l tl806
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Geeze

Reaction score
I'm cleaning up a pair of TL806 cabs to send them down the road. New grill cloth for both - options are large check or black - tell me your favorite. I also need to put a handle on the African mahogany which has two sets of feet for standing tall or laying down on the job - tell me your favorite.

African mahogany which has the baffle set back 3/4" per testing done at Mesa that said it yielded the better sound - I didn't hear a difference.

jqBqrcV.jpg

tIhY17V.jpg

whj1WBP.jpg

zwCp813.jpg

Canary wood and padauk.

gYGUEab.jpg

BWHb56E.jpg

LKbutV0.jpg

cB3PfC7.jpg

BB ply back and baffle and pine bracing.

I need to make room as I'm itching to build more cabs.

Russ

wakjob

Reaction score
If I didn't already had two, I'd take them off your hands.
My go-to cab when a 4x12 isn't available.

They look gorgeous. Good luck!

Geeze

Reaction score
Nice job we need a new forum dovetails

Thank you! Technically they are finger joints.

If I didn't already had two, I'd take them off your hands.
My go-to cab when a 4x12 isn't available.

They look gorgeous. Good luck!

Thank you! That's my issue - too many cabs and I'm contemplating a maple [will weigh 10 tons] 1960B to match a scarlet maple 2203.

So no opinions on the grill cloth choices or handle position?

Russ

RLW59

Reaction score
Oh, I thought you were leaving the grille, handle, and feet up to the buyer. I think that would maximize potential.

I use mine both vertically and horizontally, so I'd want feet on the bottom and one side. Handle on top for balance (or if on the side, offset toward the speaker to account for the weight of an EVM).

I prefer metal grilles on them, because grille frames block the ports a little. (I couldn't actually hear a difference when I had one with a cloth covered frame, but just psychologically I like the ports as open as possible.) If cloth, I'd prefer a square grille that just covers the baffle.

So, whatever you do will please some people, but might not be what the actual buyer wants.

Kinkless Tetrode

Reaction score
I think they would both look great with wicker grills. But if has to be black or cheque I would prefer black if it was me

Last edited:

Latest posts