-to Hell With It, I'm Going On An Amp Flipping Bender-

• Thread starter SG~GUY
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SG~GUY

Reaction score
-I've been good for almost 4 years, haven't bought one amp,... most people have G.A.S.... mines a sickness not a syndrome, the last timae I did this I had a brand new EVH III S-(STEALTH)-sitting on the porch when I got home, I kicked it out of the way to get to the BBQ to cook some steaks, and as I'm sitting there enjoying my steak, I'm looking at the unopened STEALTH,...and wondering what I could flip it for...

-here's my hit list-
-CAMERON-(pretty much "unobtainium"
-FRIEDMAN-(JJ,BUTTERSLAX,BE,SS,PHIL X)-(I've played the JJ & BE)-

-SUHR SL68/67-(-never played either)

-CAA PT100SE-(never played one)-

-

-FORTIN MODDED KILLAH KALI ++-(never played one)-

-GOWER MODDED KILLAH KALI ++

-SOLDANO SLO-(played one 10+ years ago)-

-MAKO MAKO PLEX -(never played one)-

-WIZARD MTL-(never even seen one!!!)-

-METRO METROPOLUS-(YUP! never played one,)-

-ORANGE-(DUAL DARK, AND EVERY ONE I CAN FIND)-

-ENGL FIREBALL 100-(played one, but bought the 50/60w ... Big mistake!!

-got to map out all the music stores from Maine to boston-

-

A4100K

Reaction score
Now that's pretty funny. A brand new stealth in the box and wondering what to flip it for :lol:. I haven't played some of those amps you listed but I have played the JJ. My vote is for the JJ. Truly an awesome amp! I'm saving my pennies as we speak for one. As soon as my divorce is over and I flip some stuff that is my next one. Good luck there are many great choices out there. It's a good time for guitar players right now.

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it was me Id get the Phil X Friedman cause I just wanna rock. BMF

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive been on an amp bender for 3 decades..and a guitar bender...car bender..wife bender...at least i get rid of one wife before i get another..the other stuff not so much, i seem to have trouble with the flip part of flipping.

SG~GUY

Reaction score
-i have thought ad out just buying the JJ and being done with it, it's definitely in the top 3,... I'm just hoping a used one will fall for less than $3000,!!!!

-whats on your top 3 list-

QUOTE="A4100K, post: 1504393, member: 41821"]Now that's pretty funny. A brand new stealth in the box and wondering what to flip it for :lol:. I haven't played some of those amps you listed but I have played the JJ. My vote is for the JJ. Truly an awesome amp! I'm saving my pennies as we speak for one. As soon as my divorce is over and I flip some stuff that is my next one. Good luck there are many great choices out there. It's a good time for guitar players right now.[/QUOTE]

SG~GUY

Reaction score
If it was me Id get the Phil X Friedman cause I just wanna rock. BMF

-the Phil X is definitely gathering steam, not a lot of hype when it came out, but people are saying its the most "organic" of the Friedman's-(the tone isn't as polished)-

-what's in your top three?

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always wanted to try a yjm for a while, but could never justify the cost

V-Type

Reaction score
After getting my hands on the AxeFX II I feel almost zero Gas these days.
I have 2 Marshalls a Mesa and a Fender for my Tube wants but honestly the Axe Fx nails so many models very well that I think I do own all those Great amps I previously lusted over.
I do Want a Bogner Helios but that's just because I like the way it looks more than I need its sound.

SG~GUY

Reaction score
Haven't played any of those, haven't heard of half of them. LOL

Have fun! Amp bender. Sounds like fun.

-"FUN"-yes,....."EXPENSIVE"-yes.....

-I'm thinking of taking advantage of GUITAR CENTER's return policy-

-what's in your top 3?...... might as well add more amps to my gas!!

SG~GUY

Reaction score
-ahhhhhh. a hoarder!!! the wife hoarding is illegal in most states, you live in UTAH!!

-where is the best place to find a lot of quality women?? I like it when the odds are at least 2 to 1, the 2 best places I have been for a lot of attractive women......MIAMI & AUSTIN

QUOTE="Gunner64, post: 1504415, member: 41710"]Ive been on an amp bender for 3 decades..and a guitar bender...car bender..wife bender...at least i get rid of one wife before i get another..the other stuff not so much, i seem to have trouble with the flip part of flipping.[/QUOTE]

Cthulhu

Reaction score
SG, how heavy was the gain on the JJ? Can it melt faces, or is it not that intense? I love Jerry's tone, but I need heavier, and I know the JJ can get heavier than his preferred settings. Compared to the KK???...

SG~GUY

Reaction score
I always wanted to try a yjm for a while, but could never justify the cost

-yeah me too!! I might put that on the list, pffffffff!!! why the hell not!! A high gain plexi!! I don't think I've heard a bad review of one-

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
-ahhhhhh. a hoarder!!! the wife hoarding is illegal in most states, you live in UTAH!!

-where is the best place to find a lot of quality women?? I like it when the odds are at least 2 to 1, the 2 best places I have been for a lot of attractive women......MIAMI & AUSTIN

QUOTE="Gunner64, post: 1504415, member: 41710"]Ive been on an amp bender for 3 decades..and a guitar bender...car bender..wife bender...at least i get rid of one wife before i get another..the other stuff not so much, i seem to have trouble with the flip part of flipping.
[/QUOTE]
I've had this wife for a while so ive been out of the loop for a spell but Ive always found Drunk was the best place to find them....thats a place right?

SG~GUY

Reaction score
SG, how heavy was the gain on the JJ? Can it melt faces, or is it not that intense? I love Jerry's tone, but I need heavier, and I know the JJ can get heavier than his preferred settings. Compared to the KK???...

-the JJ has as much gain as any amp I've ever played, it's just insane, I didn't think you could get that much gain to stay together with how deep and dark it can be, I had a hard time just walking away from that amp, the "BUTTER SLAX" is supposed to have even more heaviness!!!

SG~GUY

Reaction score
I've had this wife for a while so ive been out of the loop for a spell but Ive always found Drunk was the best place to find them....thats a place right?[/QUOTE]

-does she still have that "New Wife Smell" thou,..

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had this wife for a while so ive been out of the loop for a spell but Ive always found Drunk was the best place to find them....thats a place right?

-does she still have that "New Wife Smell" thou,..[/QUOTE]
Yea smells fine..kinda lost that new wife attitude though...

SG~GUY

Reaction score
I have 2 Marshalls a Mesa and a Fender for my Tube wants but honestly the Axe Fx nails so many models very well that I think I do own all those Great amps I previously lusted over.
I do Want a Bogner Helios but that's just because I like the way it looks more than I need its sound.

-I've never had the chance to play one of the modelers,.... to be honest,......THEY SCARE THE BA-JEZUS OUT OF ME,!!!! I'm afraid I'd love it, sell all my stuff, the stuff its taken a lifetime to collect,..... then one day not love the modeler, and be-(OH!! SWEET JEBUZ NO!!!!)-with out a quality tube amp..

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was kind of looking at the axe fx also..pricey.

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Buy a modeler and Just keep your amps..sell your car...prioritise man!