-to Hell With It, I'm Going On An Amp Flipping Bender-

• Thread starter SG~GUY
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

V-Type

Reaction score
Yeah don't sell your amps if you don't have too but the AxeFx and Kemper are Crazy Good at how well they trick youre ears into thinking you have the stables of amps that they offer.
I got a used FXII for $1200 loaded with all kinds of amp profiles/models.
You can spend days tweaking but that isn't really required too get good tones imo.
Ive seen them(AxeFx) go for as low as $800 btw.

SG~GUY

Reaction score
-oh no!!!

-poor gunner has been possessed buy the devil!!!

-GET YEE BEHIND ME OLE SATAN!!! LEAVE GUUNNER BEE & POSSESS THAT HEARD OF PIG'S!!! THEN THROW THY SELF OFF THE CLIFF!!!-(well something to that effect)-

QUOTE="Gunner64, post: 1504445, member: 41710"]Buy a modeler and Just keep your amps..sell your car...prioritise man![/QUOTE]

A4100K

Reaction score
-i have thought ad out just buying the JJ and being done with it, it's definitely in the top 3,... I'm just hoping a used one will fall for less than $3000,!!!!

-whats on your top 3 list-.

!. JJ
2.rockerverb mkiii
3.mesa boogie jp-2c (Or possibly the Butterslax)

Choices choices....

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. Im possessed..I said the phrase " get a modeler". Lol..I had one of the first line 6 modeling amps and it kind of tainted me anti modeler, But the kemper and axe fx have me thinking. Im kind of gun shy spending a grand or more and having the same thing happen that happened with the line6..sounded great in the store and i thought it did at home for a while. But then the phoniness started to show. I think the technology has evolved since then, and I may pull the trigger. My gas list changes momentarily lol. I get tired of all the floor clutter..cords, pedals, aby switch, power supplies ect..I run my wireless at home just so i dont tangle shit up and drag my pedalboard around..is that weird?..( no loop in a 2204)

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Reaction score
-the JJ has as much gain as any amp I've ever played, it's just insane, I didn't think you could get that much gain to stay together with how deep and dark it can be, I had a hard time just walking away from that amp, the "BUTTER SLAX" is supposed to have even more heaviness!!!

Wow, more gain and thump than the uberschall?

royslead

Reaction score
What happens when you buy one of these amps, and then find yourself wanting an EVH Stealth?

Last edited:

wakjob

Reaction score
Buy a Kemper or AXE FX, you'll get to play every amp in your list... and then some.

Decide which one tickles your pickle the most.

Sell the modeler.

Buy the real amp you decided on.

SG~GUY

Reaction score
Wow, more gain and thump than the uberschall?

-oh hell yeah!!!..... I used to have a uber rev. 2-(green)-with the matching cab-BOGNER makes some great amp's... i wouldn't mind having an ecstasy or a twin jett-

-the 2203KK sent it packing-

SG~GUY

Reaction score
What happens when you buy one of these amps, and then find yourself wanting an EVH Stralth?

-that's crazy talk!!!.... I will admit the blue channel on the STEALTH was magic!

SG~GUY

Reaction score
Buy a Kemper or AXE FX, you'll get to play every amp in your list... and then some.

Decide which one tickles your pickle the most.

Sell the modeler.

Buy the real amp you decided on.

-that's a hole I don't dare to enter, I saw a guy play through the first generation AXE I was very, very impressed, I did a quick recon black ops mission to check out what he was using on my way to the bathroom, I thought I was in stealth mode,..... I hear a voice behind me say, "sounds awesome doesn't it,.. I sold all my gear".

chiliphil1

Reaction score
Honestly man, I've done the same thing more times than I can count with many things, guitars, amps, cars, etc. I have traded for things simply because I thought the new thing would be easier to trade off. Example trading a Jackson for an Epiphone. I knew the Epi would be more appealing to more people thus giving me a better chance to get more offers on it. I've sort of gotten a handle on it but not completely. I finally convinced myself to trade into practicality in some cases but as I type this I'm thinking of tossing one of my guns up just to see what I can get, I've never even fired the thing.

Mystic38

Reaction score
biased.. but Orange Rockerverb mkIII

and the Metropoulus..

but def the RV first

jack daniels

Reaction score
I'm going to rob Fort Knox and buy a bunch of amps. Wait a minute, Fort Knox is empty. Maybe I'll wait for my ship to come in but, it sailed years ago and still hasn't made it to port yet. Oh well. :shrug:

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My want top 3?

Michael's Marshall Major 200
Phil X 100
Any Marshall Plexi

My Joey built JMP is equal to any of the above except Michaels Plexi but it wasn't meant to cover that ground.

john l

Reaction score
My Joey built JMP is equal to any of the above except Michaels Plexi but it wasn't meant to cover that ground.

That guy is on another level as far as I'm concerned. Every time I feel like I'm wrapping my brain around something I'll read something he posts on slo clone and just shake my head...I'd love to own one of his creations.

zack603

Reaction score
ive almost taken advantage of sweetwaters financing several times...each time I back down and tell myself I don't need to spend the money just yet

SG~GUY

Reaction score
-well,... take the ORANGE OR series off the table,... tried the 15 & 50watt OR's today,.. -$$$ in my pocket,.... great, great clean tone!!! but the gain side is the epitome of why I never liked ORANGE AMP's,....I don't do fuzz,.. how can that sound be desired???

-PFFFFFFFFFFF!!!-clean!!,... "oh!!.... it has beautiful,chimey FENDER CLEANS!!!" cleans,..who the hell needs stinking cleans!! I'm old school,.. give me that one trick pony that just kicks ass!! that's what I want,.. and the thought process of having a "good-pedal-platform" then your CORE-TONE isn't an "AMP-TONE" it's a "PEDAL-TONE".....

-BRING ON THE DUAL DARK & ROCKER 30!!!

zack603

Reaction score
-well,... take the ORANGE OR series off the table,... tried the 15 & 50watt OR's today,.. -$$$ in my pocket,.... great, great clean tone!!! but the gain side is the epitome of why I never liked ORANGE AMP's,....I don't do fuzz,.. how can that sound be desired???

-PFFFFFFFFFFF!!!-clean!!,... "oh!!.... it has beautiful,chimey FENDER CLEANS!!!" cleans,..who the hell needs stinking cleans!! I'm old school,.. give me that one trick pony that just kicks ass!! that's what I want,.. and the thought process of having a "good-pedal-platform" then your CORE-TONE isn't an "AMP-TONE" it's a "PEDAL-TONE".....

-BRING ON THE DUAL DARK & ROCKER 30!!!

see im a big fan of fuzz...like old school stoner and doom metal tones, my setup right now is a 900 set to just barely breaking up then I hit it with a blackarts destroyer fuzz(which is much more overdriven than most fuzzs) so id probably enjoy them...but the dual dark is my dream amp

Cthulhu

Reaction score
I'm really digging the idea of a dual dark. I'm wrestling between that and a Rockerverb. Can't wait to hear your thoughts SG!