• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Toto hauled ass

• Thread starter Swede
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Swede

Reaction score
Went and saw Toto at the Greek Theatre here in LA....KILLER venue. They played and Michael McDonal, the singer of Doobie Brothers also played.

Toto put on a great fukkin show. I had forgot just how good and tight of a band they really are. I wore out Toto IV when that came out.

And Lukather is a full on monster player, playing his signature guitars and 2 Bogner half stacks......KILLER tone.

Great evening...Trying to catch as many of these "older" bands before they are all gone.

Just in the last few weeks ive seen Toto, REO Speedwagon Chicago and Blue Oyster Cult:)

Attachments

• 20140807_201830_resized.jpg
    20140807_201830_resized.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 19

levon

Reaction score
Great to hear. saw some videos on YouTube from April. How is the new drummer?

SwampThing

Reaction score
Dude people have been sleeping on Steve Lukather for a long time. Great player and great tone. His licks are never out of place and always consistant!

Swede

Reaction score
New drummer was great. Its the original bass player, Lukather, the singer from the "fahrenheit" era Porcaro on keys, and cant remember who on piano, and even the original backup singers.

RobLaQuinta

Reaction score
New drummer was great. Its the original bass player, Lukather, the singer from the "fahrenheit" era Porcaro on keys, and cant remember who on piano, and even the original backup singers.
Was it Mike Porcaro on bass, or David Hungate? Hungate left after Toto IV and returned to session work in Nashville.

RobLaQuinta

Reaction score
david hungate
Very cool!

I think the singers name was Joseph Williams. He was the one that recorded "Pamela". Sounded alot like Michael Jackson to me...

Lukather has a couple of solo records out the feature his monster tone. Good listening on long drives in the desert... He also was part of Ringo's All Starr Band this tour.

Swede

Reaction score
Very cool!

I think the singers name was Joseph Williams. He was the one that recorded "Pamela". Sounded alot like Michael Jackson to me...

Lukather has a couple of solo records out the feature his monster tone. Good listening on long drives in the desert... He also was part of Ringo's All Starr Band this tour.

Yep...that singer....He was outstanding.

levon

Reaction score

Cool. On piano, that would be David Paich.