Treble boost for a SV20h?

• Thread starter BatmansMarshall
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Biff Maloy

Reaction score
Well, Bret's demo with humbuckers didn't make it. That was the one that made me buy it years ago.

WellBurnTheSky

Reaction score
I recently built a Naga Viper clone (almost exact clone, I just swapped the Heat pot for a B5k as I didn't have a B1k on hand), and can confirm that it goes along VERY well with the SV20H. The Strat into that chain has a definitive Blackmore vibe, sounds killer, very 70s too. I really like it.

ichocobo

Reaction score
I use that same settings but with normal channel dimmed since it seems to bleed a bit when not jumpered. It's absolute bliss...

BTW, I had same "problem" with the Torpedo Captor above the SV. Get some plastic doorstopers and use them to raise the box a bit and save the handle height

mAx___

Reaction score
Have you seen these?

https://catalinbread.com/products/dreamcoat-skewer-special-edition-box

Box_Final_Shopify-01-min.png
I watched all the YouTube demos and concluded that these are the Blackmore pedals for those who don’t want to sound like Blackmore :D

John Stedman

Reaction score
I’ll put it down to me and user error, but I picked up an Electro Harmonix Screaming Bird treble booster and just can’t get anything useful from it.

not sure if it’s me, or it’s just not a good pedal.

kind of want to try a different pedal.

I have an E-H Screaming Bird that I ruined! The manual states: "WARNING: For long term use, it is advised that you use an optional Electro-Harmonix 96DC-200 adapter with The Screaming BIRD. Do not use any other DC adapters. Using other DC adapters, even those made by Electro-Harmonix, could cause harm to the unit, the adapter or you. The Screaming Bird can also be used with 9 volt batteries."

I used a Godlyke Power-All with it for a while and now I get very little signal out of it, certainly no gain. Before I wrecked it, it wasn't too bad. I could get Brian May tones out of it with my Brain May Special and an AC-30, but I had to fiddle with the EQ a lot to get there.

According to E-H the proper AC power supply is "linearly regulated" and Godlyke says the Power-All is "regulated". Is there a difference between "linearly regulated and "non-linearly regulated"? I wonder what component(s) the wrong AC adapter actually damages and can it be repaired?

fat_lenny

Reaction score
I have an E-H Screaming Bird that I ruined! The manual states: "WARNING: For long term use, it is advised that you use an optional Electro-Harmonix 96DC-200 adapter with The Screaming BIRD. Do not use any other DC adapters. Using other DC adapters, even those made by Electro-Harmonix, could cause harm to the unit, the adapter or you. The Screaming Bird can also be used with 9 volt batteries."

I used a Godlyke Power-All with it for a while and now I get very little signal out of it, certainly no gain. Before I wrecked it, it wasn't too bad. I could get Brian May tones out of it with my Brain May Special and an AC-30, but I had to fiddle with the EQ a lot to get there.

According to E-H the proper AC power supply is "linearly regulated" and Godlyke says the Power-All is "regulated". Is there a difference between "linearly regulated and "non-linearly regulated"? I wonder what component(s) the wrong AC adapter actually damages and can it be repaired?

Thanks for the heads up, I didnt see that. I'll find the box and check the manual. Ive just got my plugged into a BBE SupaCharger.

Rozman62

Reaction score
I have a Naga Viper and pulled it off my board as it was just to noisy. (always used 1st in signal chain) Even by itself it adds a noise floor that I don't like. Ive tried it in multiple places with pretty much the same result. Time to break it out again for another try because it produces great tone.

Latest posts