=\//-/= tribute news

• Thread starter StrummerJoe
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
It’s interesting that this thread has zero replies … I have an opinion, but I’m probably going to keep it to myself, as I’d imagine it’s likely controversial/unpopular … then again, maybe many others are thinking exactly what I’m thinking, hence the lack of replies 🤷‍♂️

junk notes

Reaction score
It’s interesting that this thread has zero replies … I have an opinion, but I’m probably going to keep it to myself, as I’d imagine it’s likely controversial/unpopular … then again, maybe many others are thinking exactly what I’m thinking, hence the lack of replies 🤷‍♂️
Well, FWIW it was all laid out in the other thread. Most feel it is about Joe. Something like Steve Morse with Deep Purple.
but we like Joe, just trying to stomach his take on EVH and The Mighty Van Halen.

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
Well, FWIW it was all laid out in the other thread. Most feel it is about Joe. Something like Steve Morse with Deep Purple.
but we like Joe, just trying to stomach his take on EVH and The Mighty Van Halen.
The other thread didn't have WGVH's take on the affair. New info.

I think Joe would do a fine job. I also think Dweezil Zappa might be a better choice.

Side note : there is a local DJ in my area that insists on Calling Led Zeppelin "The Mighty" LZ. Pisses me off every time. They're "The Hammer Of The Gods"!!!, not "The Mighty". Only =\//-/= is "The Mighty". So says me!

yup.gif

playloud

Reaction score
I obviously don't have any unique insights into the decades-long VH/DLR relationship, but here's a contrary view:

I know some people who have dealt with DLR personally. Their stories confirmed the "eccentric" public perception, but eccentricity isn't necessarily related to avarice (or whatever else he has been accused of).

junk notes

Reaction score
So says me!
Tl4Yb.gif

and right you are, Sir!

___
edit: looks like Wolfy updated the news that it will not happen. - Rolling Stone 7-17-2022
"“Some People Can Be Hard to Work With, and Made It Not Happen”

Last edited:

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
Satriani responds...

View attachment 117017

I saw that the other day, and Satch is right.

Wolf is on record as saying the rest of the guys are too dysfunctional in his opinion for it to happen.

That's a shame. His dad deserves it.