• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

TSL 602 Upgrade options - speakers?

• Thread starter nobbydog
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nobbydog

Reaction score
Some good advice there to try out, I'll see how I go with my Bad Monkey and try and clean things up from there. If that doesn't cut it I may have to borrow an SD-1 off a mate and follow the procedure. Really appreciate comments from all so far.

kingbee

Reaction score
I went thru this. I ended up leaving it stock with Wolverines but added a Mercury Magnetics Transformer. Made all the difference!

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
Bad Monkey is awesome. I leave the volume (level) full up and set gain to zero, EQ to taste. It should work well for you!!

SG~GUY

Reaction score
-I couldn't disagree more about the "eq lack of tone some where" comment,..i don't think there are many professional guitarists that done use one...

I think if you have to add an EQ, though very economical, that shows a lack of tone somewhere. If putting in Eminince or V30s etc solves the problem, that points to the Wolverine speakers. Sure, it can be improved upon but there's obviously something lacking with those drivers. It would be interesting to A/B the Wolves with something else, even with EQ and boosts, etc.

SG~GUY

Reaction score
-well there most be something wrong some where if ya have to EQ to taste!!!

Bad Monkey is awesome. I leave the volume (level) full up and set gain to zero, EQ to taste. It should work well for you!!

SG~GUY

Reaction score
-speakers will make a much, much bigger impact on your tone than tubes,,,......

Latest posts