Tsl tribe

• Thread starter LuredMaul
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

StratoMarshall

Reaction score
I'm still rockin' my TSL100! It has been flawless with no problems and the sounds I get from it go from clean blues to Ozzy with a stomp of the footswitch! I can even get really close to authentic AC/DC with it too! Now that my studio is beginning to come together, I'll start to put up some clips next month!

loveboat

Reaction score
I regularly gig my TSL60 together with my old AX 4x12 cab and Gibson les paul p90. I can never get enough of that sound. To me it's perfect.

Miced up through the PA is just a big awesome wall of sound.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
I just had the pleasure to play one for the first time the other day and was very impressed. I'd like to hear some of you TSL owners post some of your favorite tones you get out of your TSL's. Go for it :yesway:

mott555

Reaction score
I might grab a TSL head sometime just so I can say I have both JCM2000's, seems nobody wants one so the price shouldn't be too bad. I have a feeling they're highly underrated.

MartyStrat54

Reaction score
The only thing that I did with my TSL122 and 602 were to change the speakers. Other than that both amps have been reliable.

mott555

Reaction score
Speaking of TSL, what ever happened to zeppelin490? I haven't seen a post from him in a while.

LuredMaul

Reaction score
My 2006 TSL100 runs awesome with the Martimus Maximus Tone Pak. See MartyStrat54 for preamp tubes if you haven't aleady, plus JJ E34L's

Riff

Reaction score
My TSL sounds so much better with the Celestion G12K 100 I put in it. I also changed out the Vintage 30 in the Orange cab I put it on top of to a Classic Lead 80 and they sound great together. And that's just in the practice room, can't wait to try it in a band situation.

:yesway:

Assumer

Reaction score
Just bought a TSL 602. Had one years ago and wish I had never sold it. Anyway, about to change the speakers to redcoats since I have a GB cab with tow of them just sitting next to the combo. Any suggestions on mods or things to look for would be appreciated.

BURSTBUCKERBLACK

Reaction score
I am still rocking my 2 TSL100's One is stock and the other Has Voodoo deluxe mod and they both sound killer! Love them, Great Marshall heads! I will never let them get away. Way to hard to find for some reason and well, they are just keepers in my book. Here is a pic of the VooDoo deluxe mod head. I replaced the grill cloth with tolex on both heads. Looks way better this way imo.
:slash:

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 38

BURSTBUCKERBLACK

Reaction score
You have 2- TSLs & 2- DSLs?

:yesway::yesway:
Yes I do and 3 JMP MKll 2203's and and 10 cabs and a JMP MKll 50watt 2-12 combo. 3 more JMP MKll to go for 10 and 10 to have my dream rig complete.
:slash:

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 32
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 19
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 20
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 14

Landshark

Reaction score
Ok so you guys that have TSL60s how do you run your channel volume on crunch and lead channel vs the master? Is it one of those deals where you can run the channel volume up really high and bring down the output with the master? I just wasn't sure if that was the case, as the clean channel doesn't have a volume control.

Riff

Reaction score
I started out running the volumes all about 6. Channels and master. For a few gigs I decided to try maxing the Crunch and Lead channels and lowering the master and DID NOT like the tone. Lost all feedback control, kinda turned muddy too. Also, with the master turned down I had to turn up the gain on the clean channel which dirtied it up too much for me. So, I'm back to about 6 on the dirty channels and master. It really has a sweet spot with the master on about 4 but that's just not loud enough playing with a drummer so I have to compromise a little and put the master on 6.

chadd

Reaction score
I started out running the volumes all about 6. Channels and master. For a few gigs I decided to try maxing the Crunch and Lead channels and lowering the master and DID NOT like the tone. Lost all feedback control, kinda turned muddy too. Also, with the master turned down I had to turn up the gain on the clean channel which dirtied it up too much for me. So, I'm back to about 6 on the dirty channels and master. It really has a sweet spot with the master on about 4 but that's just not loud enough playing with a drummer so I have to compromise a little and put the master on 6.

I was thinking roughly the same thing when I read the question and read your response. I just checked my amp and the OD channels are about 6.5 on mine.

Set the clean the way you want it, set your OD to match volume and use the master for overall volume. Some tweaking may be needed when you turn up the master to balance the clean and OD channels.

Landshark

Reaction score
Cool, cool. I'm currently (still :/) Marahall-less, and the TSL60 head is in the running.

How's the bass on them? What I mean is, the bass on my TSL 100 head I had seemed to get, not loose or mushy, but almost buzzy... like it distorted too quickly. Does the 60 do that at all?

chee16

Reaction score
My master is usually on 6, then I set my clean gain to liking and use the volume on the OD channels to match the clean level. For a while I tried full MV and adjured the channel volumes accordingly w which did change the fine slightly, almost like having a non MV amp. I like the other way better though.

Latest posts