UK vs USA Marshall prices , WTF!!!

• Thread starter Ufoscorpion
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Banuelos

Reaction score
If you guys in the States use your heads you could buy Marshall amps from Europe at such a good price you could actually sell on used for a profit , food for thought , lol .
The 230v might make it a tough sell. But I’ve considered moving some cabs

Kutt

Reaction score
I raised this same exact issue a few months ago and was basically told to "buy used", as if that has anything to do with it and as if anyone who brings the topic up is looking for shopping advice.

Last edited:

Chris Banuelos

Reaction score
So stingy to get you for the cover!!

Relieved for you that you dodged tariffs on the amp. I did some research on this a while back, but good to see it confirmed in practice.
I believe the cover is made in China that’s why it was taxed. That’s what my research led me to believe anyway.

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok I just ordered a SC20H from music store. 741 💶 euro with shipping and all that.

Sweetwater price W/O tax / shipping is $1,749.99.

Buying a 300 watt mil-spec voltage converter, step up from 110/120 to 220/240 volts, 39 bucks US.

Will report back when it arrives.
You’re in the US Saxon?

1234_thumbwar

Reaction score
If you guys in the States use your heads you could buy Marshall amps from Europe at such a good price you could actually sell on used for a profit , food for thought , lol .
I thought about this yesterday when I saw a 1959hw going for 2k or so. They’re selling for nearly double here so the profit alone could leave me with a 1987x for personal use

KelvinS1965

Reaction score
By the same token as the OP: What about Fender and Gibson prices over here in the UK compared to USA? For example I paid about $2,700 for my Fender '64 Custom Deluxe reverb handwired which over in the USA would have been about half that. Similar for Les Pauls and USA Strats too from what I've seen.

I just treat it as a rare bonus that I can buy some of my guitar gear cheaper than musicians in the USA.

Chris-in-LA

Reaction score
I thought about this yesterday when I saw a 1959hw going for 2k or so. They’re selling for nearly double here so the profit alone could leave me with a 1987x for personal use
Might be easy to switch out the PT in a 1959hw or 1987x if the 240 versions don’t have a buried tap for 120. Not so sure about other models

Chris-in-LA

Reaction score
By the same token as the OP: What about Fender and Gibson prices over here in the UK compared to USA? For example I paid about $2,700 for my Fender '64 Custom Deluxe reverb handwired which over in the USA would have been about half that. Similar for Les Pauls and USA Strats too from what I've seen.

I just treat it as a rare bonus that I can buy some of my guitar gear cheaper than musicians in the USA.
Those hand wired Deluxe’s cost $2700 here in the US. Sounds like you got a deal. But, I see that the new Gibson USA standards are about $5,000 in Germany, they are about $2,800 in the US.

El Gringo

Reaction score
They give them away in europe.
They make the shipping so ridiculous, just so you have to buy them here. IF you could find a place that ships to local dealer in the states :(
Prices are double to triple.
Yes, but the issue would then be that buying from the UK would mean that the Marshall will be set up for 220v as opposed to 110 v . So then what do you do ? redo your homes electricity ? When I first got my first 2555X half stack in 2015 it came with the 220v cord and I was thrown for a loss , then I got the correct power cord and all was fine . I think they are priced more expensive for the USA because we have more "disposable" income until this past winter when everything changed very drastically .

El Gringo

Reaction score
Might be easy to switch out the PT in a 1959hw or 1987x if the 240 versions don’t have a buried tap for 120. Not so sure about other models
That's the conundrum . Do you then spend $ to have it converted in order to use it in the USA ? Seems like a money grab which ever way you go , also after spending this type of $ do you really want to start messing with the innards of your new Marshall ? Also could hurt resale value by altering from factory original .