unpopular opinions (musical or otherwise)

Lo-Tek

Reaction score
I'm also of the opinion Beato sucks.

Black Guns Matter

Sure wish he didn't puss out on the match with Zuck; he's such a douche. So is Zuck too...
There are only two genders and they can never really be changed. I can cut a steak into the shape of a fish, but that will never make it a fish. Similarly, we do not have the technology to turn a functional male sex organ into a functional female sex organ. We can cut it up and skin it and turn it inside out and rearrange it and stitch it together, but it will have no sexual function. Same applies to the opposite procedure. Transgenderism is a lie and a mental disorder.
What about people born with mixed chromosomes or mixed genitals and mixed reproductive organs?
Meh, I know...the average response is "what does science have to do with it". lol

Whizzercone

Reaction score
Aerosmith's best record is Draw The Line . ...Justice sounds fine just like it is (as does Born Again). GNR is highly overrated.

William Martin

Reaction score
I enjoy posting these on my social media accounts so that my friends and I can have in depth discussions about various topics that are either controversial or just doesn't go along with the general consensus...

an example... I know everyone loves Johnny Cash, as do I. his live at Folsom Prison and live at San Quentin albums are timeless and iconic... his late 60's era is truly a display of legendary baddass-ery... that being said, in my opinion, the cover songs that he recorded near the end of his life (Nine Inch Nail's Hurt, and Soundgarden's Rusty Cage, for example) I think are absolutely TERRIBLE. see? there you go, a massively unpopular opinion. one that is currently generating a lot of heat and backlash on my Facebook account... LoL

but nevertheless, lets keep it going... what are your unpopular opinions?
I just don’t get the Grateful Dead! I think they are right there with Frank Zappa at the bottom of the barrel!

Tatzmann

Reaction score
Crappiest Judas Priest song is Painkiller.
Instant skip.

Crappiest sounding Judas Priest longplayer is Painkiller. The guitarsound on there is just hideous.

Last edited:

JMP1shaun

Reaction score
of what?... Whiskey In A Jar?

if that's what you're referring to, I would say that I like Metallica's cover of that, except for James' vocals. his singing is kinda of cringey on this song... for that reason, I would say that I prefer Thin Lizzy's version.
I do apologise for sticking my big beak in we all know lizzy with Eric Bell is the definitive whisky in the jar although like the rest of got soft spot for Metallica

SmokeyDopey

VIP Member
Reaction score
Andy Johns made pretty good use of them. What do you prefer?
Andy who? :D

I do actually use 421s when they're available, but I really like Audix f12s. They're pretty cheap mics, but they have a really nice bottom end, and smooth (a bit attenuated) highs.

But I'm still open for new experiments. Never tried with condensers, some people swear by them on toms. I'm just thinking ahead about the cymbal bleed and I'm already lazy to even try them.

I've experimented with Beta52s and AKG D112s on floor toms. Nice deep lows.

Last edited:

Gutch220

Reaction score
I think The Beach Boys' Pet Sounds is wildly overrated by people. Maybe it was just a sign of the times back then.
I think this recent era of super-hero movies non-stop along with entire movies animated with computer special effects is just a terrible time for movies. They're all the same bad movie.
I think elephants are the real kings of the jungle. Even hippos, rhinos, lions, etc don't defeat elephants.
I think vinyl records are over-rated compared to CD's and the real difference is, back then you'd listen through big speakers as opposed to tiny earbuds or computer speakers. If people still used large 10-15 inch speakers, it would sound better than earbuds.

Last edited:

jaallen

Reaction score
Topics that get polluted by off topic posts piss me off…

10kDA

Reaction score
I think The Beach Boys' Pet Sounds is wildly overrated by people. Maybe it was just a sign of the times back then.
It was. It still sounded like the Beach Boys but it was different enough that people went "WTH is going on here?" and it gained a reputation as being important, even if a lot of listeners couldn't define the importance. Impressive though.
I think this recent era of super-hero movies non-stop along with entire movies animated with computer special effects is just a terrible time for movies. They're all the same bad movie.
LOL true. Hmmm. if two or more are gathered with similar opinions, where is the line located between "unpopular" and "popular"?
I think vinyl records are over-rated compared to CD's and the real difference is, back then you'd listen through big speakers as opposed to tiny earbuds or computer speakers. If people still used large 10-15 inch speakers, it would sound better than earbuds.
Guitar amps sound good with 15" speakers as well. If anybody questions this, I encourage you to try it sometime with an amp you usually run through 12s or for some reason 10s. Not all 15s will give good results but neither will all 12s. AFAIC 10s are useless.

Joesatch

Reaction score
Metallica is the McDonalds of metal. U2 has been over exposed for decades and we dont need to hear from them again. Foo Fighters aint good.

GibsonMarshallGuy47

Reaction score
I just don’t get the Grateful Dead! I think they are right there with Frank Zappa at the bottom of the barrel!
hey, its all good... I do not share your opinion on those two artists, but I respect it nonetheless. to each his own. if I had a nickel for every band, or musician I love that other people can't stand, I would be a rich man... LoL

Beryllium-9

Reaction score
Lead guitarist auditions. Ace Frehley vs Kirk Hammett

Ace shows up drunk off his ass. Plays sloppy, timing is off, and is slightly out of tune.
Kirk shows up with a wonderful display of gear. Has a great attitude and plays through the entire set.

Ace...you're hired.

Whizzercone

Reaction score
Lead guitarist auditions. Ace Frehley vs Kirk Hammett

Ace shows up drunk off his ass. Plays sloppy, timing is off, and is slightly out of tune.
Kirk shows up with a wonderful display of gear. Has a great attitude and plays through the entire set.

Ace...you're hired.
It is time to blow this thread up.

ACE SUCKS!

Latest posts