Updated Clip (Video Added)

• Thread starter Derek S
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Derek S

Reaction score
^^ Agreed. If I were an actual artist on a label (if only lol) or maybe if volume wasn't a current issue I'd fire up the amps, but for me and where I'm at as a player, the AXE FX delivers big time, especially in the context of a song/mix (excluding my recent effort which was literally after a couple hours of exploring the dyna cabs - and I think you're right, not loving them either, much prefer the IR's I've been using the past couple years, just thought I'd see what the fuss is about, not impressed).

Leon has some really cool videos and breakdowns but it's true, many of his tones are relying too much on coloring effects which is definitely not my thing, never been a fan of his patches but then again, he has shared a few killer cab captures (IMO and clearly a ton of others) that I do love and use, great for recording, in fact, I'll probably re-track the leads here using one.

thanks again for the tips!

Derek S

Reaction score
Little bump for another update (should be the last...next time I update it'll most likely be the finished tune video).

edit: See vid below lol

Last edited:

Derek S

Reaction score
Sounds "Really Good" Derek, it's a great representation of your style!

Mike...

Thanks!! Appreciate all your time and feedback (and honesty), feel much better about where this is now vs the early clips - your input helped get me on track.

Derek S

Reaction score
Just adding the new video to keep up with the current mix/clip.

Last edited: