Usernames

• Thread starter mcblink
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Coronado

Reaction score
My username came from my job title. For 25+ years, I was an underground coal miner, & ran a remote control continuous miner...Minerman is literally what my job title was for about 15+ years...

That's me in the middle running the miner, if you look close, you can see my Diet Mt. Dew sitting next to me, & what looks like a rock is actually a plastic Wal-Mart bag with my grub in it. I was actually eating lunch when that pic was taken...

This is a pic of me with my toy...It doesn't look very big in the pic, but it's 12' wide, 37' long & weighs about 40 tons...

Wow - I feel nervous just looking at that picture! I bet you have seen some CRAZY shit in your days my friend!!! In that bottom picture, looks like you are wedged between 2 enormous rock plates. Thinking your "toy" probably costs a few bucks, huh? :shock:

30watt

Reaction score

Another Adelaidean....I was lectured by Sir Don's son at university, but back then he called himself Bradsen to avoid having to always hear "Oh you're Don's son". He changed it back years ago.....

My username is from the Artist 4203 that I use for most gigs. 30 watts of perfection, easy to carry, allows me to stick a roadcase with all my miscellaneous bits in it plus 3 or 4 or 5 guitars in my small car, good reverb.....it's the closest thing to the ideal combo for gigs, unless you plan on playing 1500+ seat arenas on a 200 foot wide stage.

minerman

Reaction score
Wow - I feel nervous just looking at that picture! I bet you have seen some CRAZY shit in your days my friend!!! In that bottom picture, looks like you are wedged between 2 enormous rock plates. Thinking your "toy" probably costs a few bucks, huh? :shock:

Yeah man, I've saw a few things in my time underground. Anything & everything you could imagine from fingers being cut/mashed, all the way up to fatalities. I've been in on recovery efforts to help retrieve bodies a few different times...

I've actually been covered up in a roof fall 3 different times myself, & still went back for more...Both of those pics are about 2 1/2 miles underground, & the "toy" cost about $1.5 million, re-built, a brand new one is about twice that much...

Vinsanitizer

*** Canceled ***
VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah man, I've saw a few things in my time underground. Anything & everything you could imagine from fingers being cut/mashed, all the way up to fatalities. I've been in on recovery efforts to help retrieve bodies a few different times...

I've actually been covered up in a roof fall 3 different times myself, & still went back for more...Both of those pics are about 2 1/2 miles underground, & the "toy" cost about $1.5 million, re-built, a brand new one is about twice that much...
Respect. :yesway:

soundboy57

Reaction score
Soundboy was a nickname I got while doing sound at a theatre some years ago, and 57 is my birth year.

LPMarshall hack

Reaction score
My username came from my job title. For 25+ years, I was an underground coal miner, & ran a remote control continuous miner...Minerman is literally what my job title was for about 15+ years...

That's me in the middle running the miner, if you look close, you can see my Diet Mt. Dew sitting next to me, & what looks like a rock is actually a plastic Wal-Mart bag with my grub in it. I was actually eating lunch when that pic was taken...

This is a pic of me with my toy...It doesn't look very big in the pic, but it's 12' wide, 37' long & weighs about 40 tons...

Thats some crazy sh!t!!! My whole family is from Pitt, so I have a few miners in the fam...

BowerR64

Reaction score
Ive been in the cave under worlds of fun. The most dark ive ever been in. You can put your hand infront of your face and see nothing. Pitch black

mtm105

Reaction score
mine is my initials. and birthday.

also many emails. Amazon. Ebay.

People can research on google and find me here. I reveal awkward personal info regarding marriage. Not sure if I'm OK with that. Or leave myself wide open to hackers.

when I'm dead, mtm105 will be all over Goggle. Please refrain from copying my ID.

jack daniels

Reaction score
I had a friend who (is/was) killing himself with Jack Daniels. I lost touch because I refused to walk on eggshells around him, or to empower him any further. Drinking to excess doesn't hurt just you, it hurts others around you as well.

mirrorman

Reaction score
I had a friend who (is/was) killing himself with Jack Daniels. I lost touch because I refused to walk on eggshells around him, or to empower him any further. Drinking to excess doesn't hurt just you, it hurts others around you as well.
Man, that really sucks. It's a terrible thing to watch a friend/family killing themselves or worse yet succumb to some disease that nobody deserves.

For my username, I was in a band in the mid 80's called Rear View Mirror. Somehow or other I became mirrorman.

jack daniels

Reaction score
Man, that really sucks. It's a terrible thing to watch a friend/family killing themselves or worse yet succumb to some disease that nobody deserves.

For my username, I was in a band in the mid 80's called Rear View Mirror. Somehow or other I became mirrorman.

Thanks mirrorman, it just got so bad with his extreme mood swings that I had to totally disconnect. And yes it (is/was) very unfortunate indeed.
You were as Jim Morrison would say Rear View Mirror's "Backdoor Man" :yesway:

Last edited:

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
Not long after I got to my first base in the AF I failed a dorm inspection the day my friends and I went to see Young Guns in the base theater, after we came out my buddy started calling me Dirty Steve.

When I joined my first forum and had to come up with a username it was a no brainer.

edit: btw, my name really is Steve..

Last edited:

tubes

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, an amp has tubes in it.

When I joined I could hardly believe that 'tubes' was not already used here.

Also, ironies.
1. My Marshals are not 'all tube'. They have the diodes.
2. Where I live it would be more normal to call those glass devices 'valves'.
3. I don't know much about tubes.

flyinguitars

Reaction score
My two favorite pastimes - flying and playing guitar = flyinguitars

BlackSG91

Reaction score
mine is my initials. and birthday.

also many emails. Amazon. Ebay.

People can research on google and find me here. I reveal awkward personal info regarding marriage. Not sure if I'm OK with that. Or leave myself wide open to hackers.

when I'm dead, mtm105 will be all over Goggle. Please refrain from copying my ID.

So those are your initials and birthday? May I ask if you worn born 105 A.D. or 105 B.C. If it is B.C., then you are a lot smarter than you think!

earth+is.png

;>)/