Using Loop Of One Amp To Feed Another...?

ColorfulMusic

Reaction score
I have started using two amps at the same time for recording. I plug guitar in front of JVM205H, then SEND from FX Loop goes to IN on a Delay pedal, Output of pedal is RETURN to FX Loop. Direct Out of pedal goes to front of a CRATE BV-120H. Does anyone know if this can damage the JVM?

MonstersOfTheMidway

Reaction score
Hello. I'm familiar with the JVM series, but not the Crate Blue Voodoo. From what I know of the JVM, and from what you are describing about the delay pedal, I don't think you can do damage to either amplifier.

What I'm not certain is whether you'll create extra noise using this connection method (maybe a ground loop or something-I don't know. The other thing that you'll have to deal with is never turning off/bypassing the JVM effects loop, because then the Crate will not get a signal; if you are playing with through the JVM effects loop all the time, then you should be OK.

You delay has two outputs? Are you using this connection method because you only have one delay and want to use delay for both amps? What kind of delay pedal are you using?

JCarno

Reaction score
I use my my JVM the same way you are but with a chorus before the delay and a Bogner Alchemist for the slave amp(about all it's good for). I use the Alchemist loop return for the stereo out of the delay.
Does the Crate not have a loop?
I have plugged the stereo out of the delay into the front of a DSL 50 and the Alchemist and it didn't damage the JVM.
I just find that it sounds better through the loop.

ColorfulMusic

Reaction score
..What I'm not certain is whether you'll create extra noise using this connection method (maybe a ground loop or something-I don't know. The other thing that you'll have to deal with is never turning off/bypassing the JVM effects loop, because then the Crate will not get a signal; if you are playing with through the JVM effects loop all the time, then you should be OK.

You delay has two outputs? Are you using this connection method because you only have one delay and want to use delay for both amps? What kind of delay pedal are you using?

DD-3. I do not use the FX loop for FX when I record. I use the FX in my recording software. I record Dry than add what I want.
That is when I am trying this two amp thing. I am using multiple mic's and just looking for different sounds. I will mic, say the JVM cab, with a SM57 close to cone, than a condenser mic 3' away. This on RED OD channel. Than the CRATE will be on clean channel using maybe same mic set up...a variation of that, or different mics all together. Point to all this is....I do not necessarily want to play these takes over and over. So I'm using two amps at the same time...make sense?
Oh...and yes if I put the CRATE on dirt channel, wayyy tooo much noise.

zachman

Reaction score
DD-3. I do not use the FX loop for FX when I record. I use the FX in my recording software. I record Dry than add what I want.
That is when I am trying this two amp thing. I am using multiple mic's and just looking for different sounds. I will mic, say the JVM cab, with a SM57 close to cone, than a condenser mic 3' away. This on RED OD channel. Than the CRATE will be on clean channel using maybe same mic set up...a variation of that, or different mics all together. Point to all this is....I do not necessarily want to play these takes over and over. So I'm using two amps at the same time...make sense?
Oh...and yes if I put the CRATE on dirt channel, wayyy tooo much noise.

It's called 'Slaving' the amps. ;)