Value of 1965 stack

• Thread starter wallythacker
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wallythacker

Reaction score
I've encountered a 1965a and 1965b stack. They are both clean with intact grilles and no tolex damage.

IIRC they were 140w each cabinet so I don't think anything will blow up using my 100TSL head.

I'm in Canada and our system of values can be odd, to say the least. I bought a tsl 60 for an net price of about $340. Which is pretty low I think.

Anyhow, enough derailing my own thread. What is this set worth? He's firm on his ask and I'm not inclined to even drive out to hear them until I have more ammunition to deal.

Thanks in advance

wallythacker

Reaction score
Thanks guys,

That's what I figured. In any case his price of $1000 is unrealistic. I offered him $750, then bumped it to $800 a week later only to be told he's dead firm.

Ken

Reaction score
Thanks guys,

That's what I figured. In any case his price of $1000 is unrealistic. I offered him $750, then bumped it to $800 a week later only to be told he's dead firm.

They'd have to be dead mint with original price tags for $1000. Your $800 offer is spot on the market for excellent condition examples; he should have taken that.

Edit: I see you're in CN and prices are much higher there. $1k might be reasonable in that market.

Ken

dleake

Reaction score
I contacted him about these cabs also. Asked him to send me pictures of the speakers. The G10L-35 speakers in the A cab have some sort of corrosion or mildew on them. Hard to tell what it is but they aren't clean. The speakers in the B cab are in great shape but the grill cloth on the B cab has a stain that goes across the entire bottom about a quarter of the way up. The tolex on both looks good but they aren't as clean as he thinks they are. I would pay $350 for each and no more. A friend and I both recently purchased 1965A cabs from kijiji for $300 each. The only other good thing about his A cab is it doesn't have the amp head feet cups on top like so many other 1965A's which I find to be a bonus when you're putting "lunchbox" type heads on it.

wallythacker

Reaction score
He's got some sort of fixation on his price. I offered him $950 and he just responded with a Merry Christmas message. So, a nice enough guy but as dleake wrote, there are issues with both of his cabs and he's not being realistic recognizing that fact.

Latest posts