• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Value?

JHMvP

Reaction score
I'm very sorry if I'm not allowed to ask this.
If I'm not, I will delete this post right away!

But I'll be forced to sell a few of my holy grails;
  1. 4010 (early JCM800 1x12" combo, vertical inputs) + 1933 cabinet (very rare)
  2. 4104 (early JCM800 2x12" combo, vertical inputs)
  3. 4210 (early JCM800 1x12" combo, brown grill cloth)
  4. 6101LE (1x12" combo, golden/brass logo)
I'm in The Netherlands so international shipping will be next to impossible (except for maybe Germany and Belgium, I might deliver them myselves) and I know the local "vintage dealing-guys" are following this board as well. I always kept these together as my collection and I dearly want to sell the collection in one bulk, but I know that could be very hard.

Therefore, may I please ask you guys what would be a reasonable price to ask for (non-dealing) forum-members and what I should ask for with the dealing vintage-dealers?

They all are uncleaned but in nice to near-mint state but neither of them have been serviced for the last 10-15 years. So, buyers could find some extra unwanted hum or traces of bodily fluids. ;)

Please mind that I'd rather sell to a fellow forum-member that will actually enjoy these, than to a broker.

Last edited:

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m sorry you’re in a position that you have to sell your amps @JHMvP.

The moderators might move this thread to the Classified section, that’s all.

I would recommend you checking out Reverb.com to get an idea about the value of your amps. They have a sales history that should help you get an idea.

I see you’re from The Netherlands, my wife has family there. How are things over there? I’m hearing some troubling news about Covid lockdowns and other things too.

StingRay85

Reaction score
I'm sorry that you're in need to sell them. If you're thinking about selling them to a dealer, expect a kick in the balls when you ask them for an offer. They will only buy when there's a lot of profit to be made (they're running a business you know). Unfortunately, these amps are not that valuable that they can be sold internationally with a lot of profit and the buyer pays 300€ shipping costs on top. Shipping became very expensive.

I would check Reverb for an average selling price, and then you'll have to accept that in the Netherlands you'll need to be lucky to get 60% of that number. I can't even get rid of a '79 JMP 2104 combo for 700€. That's just the way it is

JBA

Reaction score

I'm in The Netherlands so international shipping will be impossible (except for maybe Germany and Belgium, I might deliver them myselves) and I know the local "vintage dealing-guys" are following this board as well. I always kept these together as my collection and I dearly want to sell the collection in one bulk, but I know that could be very hard.

Therfore, may I please ask you guys what would be a reasonable price to ask for (non-dealing) forum-members and what I should ask for with the dealing vintage-dealers?

They all are uncleaned but in nice to near-mint state but neither of them have been serviced for the last 10-15 years. So, buyers could find some extra unwanted hum or traces of bodily fluids. ;)

Please mind that I'd rather sell to a fellow forum-member that will actually enjoy these, than to a broker.

Sell the furnace, leave the amps on to heat the place.

JHMvP

Reaction score
Thank you all, so far.
COVID is a total drag and in The Netherlands it's not much better or worse than anywhere else in the world.
And NO, I will not trade my 4104 for an "N64 and a Squire". :D:D:D

Did any of you ever shipped an amp on a pallet, by air- or sea-freight?
(I'm in worldwide medical trading so my cpy has the knowledge and ability to stack/protect/wrap fragile goods on pallets extremely well and suited for a long bumpy journey but we always sell INCOTERM ExWorks so I never see the actual transporting costs involved).

I guess if I'd need to broaden my selling opportunities outside NL/BE/DE then I think shipping an amp on a pallet would be the safest option?

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
You're totally allowed, dude ... but please create a new thread (or threads) in the classifieds sub-forum once you are ready to list them for sale.

JHMvP

Reaction score
PS. Regarding all your sweet loving messages of support; I wrote I'm forced to sell but it's not because of financial needs. It's just that I gathered WAYYY too much amps/guitars/music-stuff in the last 30 years and I dearly need to downscale my earthly possessions (Luke 16:9). The volume of mentioned amps would at least clear up some space in my livingroom (divorced, no GF, living alone :D) and gain new friends. Therefore, eventually also a JTM30 1x12", a JTM30 2x10", three 5210's, an Artist30, an SL5 and a Lead12 need to go as well. :facepalm:

I used to be in the "He one who dies with the most amps/guitars, wins!"-club but I got smarter as I got older; I've never intended to become a Marshall-museum. Also, when I think of my lack of talent and little time to play, I feel it doesn't justify owning all these amps that other people are maybe desperately looking for. I found the combination of Line6 HD500x, DSL5C (with some mods) and 1922 cab suits my needs quite well and that should be enough.

Internet never forgets so I guess my posting will be here at least for the coming 30 years (I'll be in my 80's then), so don't hesitate to contact me as I like to drive and think in creative solutions.

Last edited:

JHMvP

Reaction score
You're totally allowed, dude ... but please create a new thread (or threads) in the classifieds sub-forum once you are ready to list them for sale.
THANK you, I surely will!
It's just that the classified-rules say that at least an asking-price needs to be mentioned and I'm not sure HOW I should offer the amps (per single? per lot?) and what reasonable price to ask for. As soon as I figured out (along with the suggestions of other forum-members) I will make a conform offer in the Classifieds.

Last edited:

StingRay85

Reaction score
why a pallet? I shipped two loaded 4x12s already to the US, just use a lot of foam bubble wrap and cardboard and if possible keep handles exposed or available for freight handlers. That will be a lot cheaper than a pallet. Realistically for a combo like that, expect UPS to charge at least 300€ for overseas shipping, if not more.

JHMvP

Reaction score
Just asked one of my colleagues; it appears that 3 pallets, airfreight (max. 150cm high) approx. 300kg each from anywhere in The Netherlands -> Schiphol Airport -> Hong Kong would be approx. €850,- excluding customs duties. But transporting-costs are currently rising insanely.

I'd still feel safer with a pallet than shipping as a parcel.
At least with a pallet could could stack the product within the side-limits of the pallet, preventing side-collission-damage. Also, there will be no handling on the product directly, but only on the pallet (=bottom platform).

Last edited:

StingRay85

Reaction score
Good luck trying to arrange that as a private person for that amount, with home delivery. I'm skeptical to say the least

JHMvP

Reaction score
Good luck trying to arrange that as a private person for that amount, with home delivery. I'm skeptical to say the least
I understand what you say.
I guess I'll have to inform whether I can ship address-to-address by our company's freight-forwarder and see what the costs would be to an address in the US or Canada.

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score

I'm in The Netherlands so international shipping will be next to impossible (except for maybe Germany and Belgium, I might deliver them myselves) and I know the local "vintage dealing-guys" are following this board as well. I always kept these together as my collection and I dearly want to sell the collection in one bulk, but I know that could be very hard.

Therefore, may I please ask you guys what would be a reasonable price to ask for (non-dealing) forum-members and what I should ask for with the dealing vintage-dealers?

I would be happy to re-patriate your amps to the UK if you could manage to get them over here in a vehicle. I would expect to pay a little less than market price as they haven't been serviced for awhile and I would, no doubt, have some maintenance to take on board.
Ball park figure would be around €2500 for the lot depending on actual condition and functionality.
I would go halves with you on the cost of your journey (ferry, fuel etc). I can also accommodate you for free at my house, so no hotel bills.

Please PM me if you're interested.

StingRay85

Reaction score
That's a cool offer. One thing to take into account, is that going from EU to UK is not as easy anymore, with this stupid Brexit. Customs might ask questions why he has 5 amps with him.

JHMvP

Reaction score
I would be happy to re-patriate your amps to the UK if you could manage to get them over here in a vehicle. I would expect to pay a little less than market price as they haven't been serviced for awhile and I would, no doubt, have some maintenance to take on board.
Ball park figure would be around €2500 for the lot depending on actual condition and functionality.
I would go halves with you on the cost of your journey (ferry, fuel etc). I can also accommodate you for free at my house, so no hotel bills.

Please PM me if you're interested.

WOW...
Although I was not expecting an actual bid THANK you for everything else you are offering as well!!!

But @StingRay85 has a good point; I'll have to think and inform myself about that but you are definitely on my short-list!

Totengott666

Reaction score
And NO, I will not trade my 4104 for an "N64 and a Squire". :D:D:D

Dang :lol:

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW...
Although I was not expecting an actual bid THANK you for everything else you are offering as well!!!

But @StingRay85 has a good point; I'll have to think and inform myself about that but you are definitely on my short-list!

You would be bringing them to be serviced, so obviously you would want to bring as many in one go as possible.

:thumbs:

El Gringo

Reaction score
Greetings ! The advice about using Reverb.com is perfect as that would be a good starting point in determining value as well as checking EBAY as well . Best Wishes ! P.S. Love your Avatar ! God Bless You !!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts