• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Valvestate 2000 avt 50h(x)

• Thread starter VintageTone
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

VintageTone

Reaction score
hey in the future im going to buy one of these amps
and it has just come to my attention there are two types
one with the x and one without, i can see a obvious visual difference
in the two,and was wondering if there is any tone difference

also does anyone out there own one of these amps and just
happens to be selling it? contact me if you do :)

thanks danny,

rockinr0ll

Reaction score
Not sure about the difference between the 2 but the X is newer. I own the AVT50HX and it has great potential. I got it because I needed a cheap amp to bring around for gigs and it has been great for that. I have tons of EQ through the loop to make it sound how I want. Good luck finding one, I know you can find it relatively cheap too. ;)

VintageTone

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, what do you mean by
tons of EQ through the ex loop, i aint to clued up
on things like that,

rockinr0ll

Reaction score
I run a rack through the fx loop of the amp and into my pedal board as well.

It consists of a 2 band EQ, Sonic Maximizer, and a Noise Gate. It makes the amp sound completely different. More crispy...

VintageTone

Reaction score
Are marshall running a tribute line of the 50 watt head?
they have a pdf file for it, even though its combined with the 50 combo
and the 20 combo, just interested to see the price for a new one of these heads?

mtm105

Reaction score
just bringing an AVT50H thread back to life.

I find that because it's not ALL tubes, it's not a real Marshall. But when I plug in & play it puts a smile on my face.

I've spend many, many days, decades actually avoiding Marshall seeking substitutions based on principle of becoming status quo. One day I found the Amp at Guitar Center $199 and I'd give it a 30 day try. I also have Lead12. Both are Made in GB. I figure can't go wrong.

I don't know how it sounds LOUD. But at low volumes I'd argue it's the best practice Amp you can find on the planet.

Masteresgt

Reaction score
The "x" version has a new facelift (different faceplate, but same function). But it has the improved O/P power circuit, better than the previous version with the TDA7293 chip that blow for any reason...

Latest posts