Valvestate 8080 no reverb

• Thread starter johndecorte
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

johndecorte

Reaction score
I run a valvestate 8080 with no speaker load. I connect the amp's line-out to my mixing device but I don't have any reverb from the amp's reverb tank. With the speaker connected, the reverb works just fine so that tank has no issue. How can I get the reverb in my mixing module? I could hook up the speaker but I want to play through my headphone set (the amp itself has no headphone output). Is there a way (/mod?) to include the reverb sound into the line out? Any suggestions? Thanks.

johndecorte

Reaction score
Thank you for the suggestion, but no success on the send connection neither. There is no reverb coming into the mixer...

KarverPT

Reaction score
Hello,

Do you get reverb through line out when the speaker is connected?

KarverPT

Reaction score
Have you tried using the FX Loop Send direct into the mixer?
I don't think the fx send would have reverb. The reverb is placed after the fx return and before the power stage. It actually makes sense, reverb should be the last or at least one of the very last effects in the chain.

Chris-in-LA

Reaction score
My response is always, "it's a Marshall, you don't need reverb." But, would adding a reverb pedal into the signal chain help?

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My response is always, "it's a Marshall, you don't need reverb." But, would adding a reverb pedal into the signal chain help?
I rarely use reverb in any of my amps, just a touch of delay. I’d try what @Chris-in-LA is suggesting. Besides, reverb pedals sound better than most amps internal reverb ime.

Latest posts