Video clips Marshall Silver Jubilee clone from Ceriatone

• Thread starter svdijk
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

svdijk

Reaction score
I posted two clips on youtube to demonstrate my Ceriatone 2555.
I tested it against a Silver Jubilee 50 watt head from 1987, and I thought the Ceriatone sounded better!!
But the overall sound was almost the same as the Marshall.
My Ceriatone sounded a bit thicker, and the Marshall Silver Jubilee had a bit more bite.

Here are the links to Youtube

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22WPZBPP-yI]YouTube - ‪Ceriatone Jubilee Series Marshall 2555 clone, video 2‬‎[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GFCXuToMCw]YouTube - ‪Ceriatone Jubilee Series Marshall 2555 clone, video 1‬‎[/ame]

nedcronin

Reaction score
Sounds killer....got a good growl to it. Was that just the ceriatone in both videos? I thought the second vid sounded a little fatter...my imagination? Can you do a clip of the Marshall too, like a comparison with them set the same & stuff?

svdijk

Reaction score
Sounds killer....got a good growl to it. Was that just the ceriatone in both videos? I thought the second vid sounded a little fatter...my imagination? Can you do a clip of the Marshall too, like a comparison with them set the same & stuff?

THX!
The second video is fatter, because here I use one angled and one straight cab, in the other clip you here the two angled cabs.
Unfortunally I don't own an original Silver Jub, but I know someone who has one, and there I compared them.

pugachev

Reaction score
beautiful playing on starlight, that amp can really sing. im definitely getting one now that a proper demo of this has finally been done. you should still do another with moar slash riffs. :slash:

Was it at very loud volume or at tolerable levels?

svdijk

Reaction score
THX!!
What you hear is mainly without boost!!!
Sometimes I switch in a Seymour Duncan pickup booster, it is set at about +10dB.
For rhythm I don't need a boost, for lead I do need a bit of extra, but I think most people won't need that!!
The pickups on my Les Paul are low output, when you have a guitar with high-output pickups you won't need a boost at all!!
The master volume is on 2, so it is on tolerable volumes.
At rehersal, or gigs it's on 3, but the mic in the camcorder can't handle that volume!!
The more I play it, the better it sounds!
And yes, these are really great amps!!!

richieG

Reaction score
They really are amazing at making amps. The quality of the soldering and neatness of the wiring is really first class. The neatness of wire dressing is a real knack I just can't seem to get close to when I make an amp.

I recall reading a Harmony Central review where the proud owner showed it to his electronics lecturer at Uni, and the Uni lecturer was amazed at the detail of the work.

I think they are cheap for a truly hand wired PTP amplifiers.

Quality does still exist!