Video - Peavey 6505 MH through Orange PPC112 using 2013 SG Standard

• Thread starter yell03
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

yell03

Reaction score
Just bought one blind. It's being shipped now. This just confirmed it was a good impulse buy. Good demonstration!

Thanks!

I got lost in a bluesy rut, I just grabbed the guitar and had to rush before the wife and kids got home. Did not have any time to think about what to play

I will do another one with my Les Paul and rock out a bit more or maybe go over a backing track.

You will love the amp, very versatile.

I was just trying to show it is not only a metal amp.

Last edited:

yell03

Reaction score
Wow you displayed there's absolutely nothing wrong with the cleans you get out of that amp contrary to what other people have said. Sounds like its a versatile amp :yesway:

I'd love to do a vid going off to a smooth jazz backing track, so I can concentrate on playing lead rather than rhythm and lead combined.
The crunch channel gain actually works well on top of a clean jazz track.

Last edited:

yell03

Reaction score
Same!! Thanks yell03 for the demo, I think I'm going to love it!!

I know you will.

Now when my EVH 5150 III 50w head arrives I will be curious to see which I like better.

I still wouldn't mind trying the Classic 20 Head.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
I know you will.

Now when my EVH 5150 III 50w head arrives I will be curious to see which I like better.

I still wouldn't mind trying the Classic 20 Head.

Get the Classic 20 and give us a review! :yesway:

FJP467

Reaction score
Great Vids yell03. What wattage were you on during the video demonstration? I did some experimenting last night and found the 20 watt clean channel to be very usable. I have not had luck on the 1w or 5w setting for single note picking. 20w gives you plenty of headroom though. I will agree with you 100%. It is a great amp and it is not just for metal. I still love the lead channel with the gain dialed way back.

FJP467

Reaction score
As a side note. I love the fact that we are on a Marshall Forum talking about how great a Peavey amp is...LOL!! Love my Marshalls too.

Matt_Krush

Reaction score
I been waffling between the DSL15 and the 6505MH for some time.
None locally to test drive, but I know I require an effects loop...thats the 6505mh or adding one to the DSL.

I'm going to hold off till summer to see if the summer NAMM brings us anything.

Last edited:

chiliphil1

Reaction score
I had one for a while, really great amps. You can coax just about anything out of those. I actually have a demo on my YouTube channel as well. I highly recommend these amps.

Vinsanitizer

Motivational Speaker
VIP Member
Reaction score
Very nice. I have the Classic 20 MH and the PPC112. Really nice kit.

Last edited:

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
I didn't like any of the Peavey mini amps, its got me wondering maybe its the Peavey cab I don't like, plug it into one of my own cabs might make a difference. :hmm:

chiliphil1

Reaction score
I didn't like any of the Peavey mini amps, its got me wondering maybe its the Peavey cab I don't like, plug it into one of my own cabs might make a difference. :hmm:

Give it a shot brother man, the 6505 is great with a Marshall cab and vin swears by the classic20.

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always hated the sound of Peavey cabs and their Sheffield speakers. My 6505mh sounds fantastic through a 412 Vintage 30 cab. :D

Anyone who likes Sheffield speakers strokes themselves as they read something on the internet that they rawk!

Worst info ever for shit speakers.