Wah pedal input jack

• Thread starter Sg-ocaster
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sg-ocaster

Reaction score
Swapped out the input jack tonight. While I was in there I dremel wire wheeled around were the jack goes. I reflowed the joints on the output jack and contact cleanered the plug to the PCB. tested it out on my small practice amp and it was good shook the cord around and twisted the jack and no noise.
I also realized the stock jacks were not switchcraft as I thought, they look the same, but do not say switch craft b but JAPAN on the metal for the tip.
My next trick may be to try bc109 transistors to lower the gain, heard that gets it closer to the Vox'es of Yore.

mickeydg5

Reaction score
The middle east of the united states of America
Swapped out the input jack tonight. While I was in there I dremel wire wheeled around were the jack goes. I reflowed the joints on the output jack and contact cleanered the plug to the PCB. tested it out on my small practice amp and it was good shook the cord around and twisted the jack and no noise.
I also realized the stock jacks were not switchcraft as I thought, they look the same, but do not say switch craft b but JAPAN on the metal for the tip.
My next trick may be to try bc109 transistors to lower the gain, heard that gets it closer to the Vox'es of Yore.
That is good to hear. I was wondering if the 8-pin connector might have had contact issues.
Still, I do not care for the lowside/grounding concept in this design.

Sg-ocaster

Reaction score
Yea Im happy to not have the annoying periodic buzz in my sound anymore. LOL

Sg-ocaster

Reaction score
Just like to update: that first gig out it made noise AGAIN this time it was the output jack. So I replaced it with a switchcraft on the output side. AND removed the feet and bought some longer 6-32 screws and screwed the SOB to my pedalboard. No more velcro, no more rock, no more noise....period!

Leonard Neemoil

Reaction score
Just like to update: that first gig out it made noise AGAIN this time it was the output jack. So I replaced it with a switchcraft on the output side. AND removed the feet and bought some longer 6-32 screws and screwed the SOB to my pedalboard. No more velcro, no more rock, no more noise....period!

Hopefully it works out in the long run.

I also screwed my crybaby to my board back when I used to gig.