Well, I am starting to think the AFD 100 is the best Marshall ever

• Thread starter EJstrat&JVM
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

EJstrat&JVM

Reaction score
I've always liked the demos, initially I wasn't sure it was better than VintageModern or Silver Jubilee, but now I am confident this is really the sweet spot for vintage bright nasal sparkling woody tones. Initially I thought, well if Slash is not using it, it might be because the Jubilee is better than the AFD 100. But actually now I think Slash, like any mortal, is victim of the same mistake: judging an amp at bedroom level without an attenuator.
Also, not many people have the chance to buy and play such an expensive amp. And most importantly even if you mod your Marshall with a #34 or any other mods, it will never sound like an AFD 100.

lespaul339

Reaction score
d7d

EJstrat&JVM

Reaction score
I fogot to mention that I am not a slash fanboy, never been that, I just like the sound of that amp. And I have compared all the demos on youtube, since I know very well the difference between live and demo, I am very careful before judging. Often what you hear live, is not what your ears really want to hear when you record it.

Obi Plexi-nobi

Reaction score
I played a Les Paul with SD alnico II pros through the first 'Slash' Marshall on my way to purchase a Jubilee. It was GREAT! So is the Jubilee I bought later that day. I was buying a Fender Eric Johnson Strat from the guy with the Slash amp. He was cool enough to let me jam through his rig. GOOD STUFF. All of it.

Jubilant

Reaction score
I’ll give you credit for breaking the norm for sure.If you would have said the Jcm 800 was the greatest Marshall ever you would be a saint on this forum.Not that I agree that either of those models are the greatest Marshall ever but if it works for you rock on!!

marshallmellowed

Reaction score
I've always liked the demos, initially I wasn't sure it was better than VintageModern or Silver Jubilee, but now I am confident this is really the sweet spot for vintage bright nasal sparkling woody tones. Initially I thought, well if Slash is not using it, it might be because the Jubilee is better than the AFD 100. But actually now I think Slash, like any mortal, is victim of the same mistake: judging an amp at bedroom level without an attenuator.
Also, not many people have the chance to buy and play such an expensive amp. And most importantly even if you mod your Marshall with a #34 or any other mods, it will never sound like an AFD 100.
Let's just say, it may be the best Marshall ever "in your eyes". :)

El Gringo

Reaction score