Well, I am starting to think the AFD 100 is the best Marshall ever

• Thread starter EJstrat&JVM
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

El Gringo

Reaction score
There is only one improvement that I would want for the Fart pedal and that would be to have the ability to have the aroma or the eau de toilette de fragrance of kaka to blast thru my Vintage 30's when I am playing along with the actually fart sound .

El Gringo

Reaction score
Thread hijacked by Farts . I mean does this get any better than this ? Life got you down ? Get the fart pedal , had a bad day ? get the fart pedal ? Holiday blues ? get the fart pedal ! Sure to brighten any ones day . Just don't forget to check your underwear -ha ha

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
As I have learned from my modified diet and heavy exercise program, if farts are your friends, broccoli is the best fuel for them.

If you eat enough broccoli, you, too, may be able to achieve the almost mythical "Rodeo Fart". That is a continuous 8 second fart without crapping your pants.

It's way more fun than taking the ice bucket challenge!

El Gringo

Reaction score
I just want this fart pedal so bad and the fun I could have with this gizmo at home would amuse and entertain me to no end and I wish I could have it in time for the holidays and It would be so much fun for me to be playing my Les Paul thru my 2555X half stacks and ripping amplified farts . My friends and family would be equally amused and perplexed at the same time and the only thing to possibly make it better would be to have a spray can of farts to simultaneously spray at the same time for a more authentic experience .

MaskingApathy

Reaction score
I've always liked the demos, initially I wasn't sure it was better than VintageModern or Silver Jubilee, but now I am confident this is really the sweet spot for vintage bright nasal sparkling woody tones. Initially I thought, well if Slash is not using it, it might be because the Jubilee is better than the AFD 100. But actually now I think Slash, like any mortal, is victim of the same mistake: judging an amp at bedroom level without an attenuator.
Also, not many people have the chance to buy and play such an expensive amp. And most importantly even if you mod your Marshall with a #34 or any other mods, it will never sound like an AFD 100.
It's hilarious that you think Slash is playing his amps at bedroom volume when putting together his rig.

EJstrat&JVM

Reaction score
It's hilarious that you think Slash is playing his amps at bedroom volume when putting together his rig.

It's actually very possible, because even stars often play at home at bedroom level. After their gigs are over, they go back home, they have all the time to compare amps at home, and they can end up changing their mind on what's their new favourite one.

JBA

Reaction score
It's actually very possible, because even stars often play at home at bedroom level. After their gigs are over, they go back home, they have all the time to compare amps at home, and they can end up changing their mind on what's their new favourite one.
Even stars often when they go back home, sit on the shiter, and they have all the time to surf the old Marshall forum and piss themselves laughing.. it’s actually very possible. :hmm:

EJstrat&JVM

Reaction score
Even stars often when they go back home, sit on the shiter, and they have all the time to surf the old Marshall forum and piss themselves laughing.. it’s actually very possible. :hmm:

hehe, surely after 2 pages of farts, this thread is slipping through their sphincter:mrburns:

purpleplexi

Reaction score
I had Marshall's own reference AFD. I sort of liked it but it went bang spectacularly. They fixed it. It went bang again. They fixed it. It went bang again. I took it back and left it there.

JacksonCharvelAddict

Reaction score
AFD doesn’t sounds like the original amp by itself, it sounds like the recording. That’s why it sounds strange on his own (processed, sterile, body missing) but when you record it, it sounds perfect.

In the room many other amps sound much nicer - 800, 2555, 1959, Vintage Modern, etc

I noticed this too.

MaskingApathy

Reaction score
He's got his own studio to go back to where he can compare amps, and he's not playing them at bedroom volume.

In any case he's had a lot of stage time with both amps so I'm sure based on that he's able to make a decision.

JacksonCharvelAddict

Reaction score
He's got his own studio to go back to where he can compare amps, and he's not playing them at bedroom volume.

In any case he's had a lot of stage time with both amps so I'm sure based on that he's able to make a decision.

I don't question his ability to get a good sound out of a Marshall. I do think his opinion could be colored by endorsements though.

usablefiber

Reaction score
I learned this lesson when as a massive chili peppers fan as a kid and learning drums i bought the chad smith pearl signature snare drum.. only to find that he actually uses a ludwig black beauty as his main snare in the studio, he even admitted that when he was endorsing pearls new high end masters custom series that he thought they were “just ok” and they just took one quick pic of him behind the kit to use for promotion ads.

However on the flip side EVH wolfgang come with a photocopied note of authenticity with a note from eddie saying “this guitar is exactly the same as the one i use, there are no special modifications”.