What amp brand do you guys hate more?

• Thread starter JayCM800
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

What amp brand do you guys hate the most?

• Line 6

Votes: 84 50.6%
  • Crate

Votes: 42 25.3%
  • Other

Votes: 40 24.1%

• Total voters

Mosher Zone

Reaction score
I voted other cause don't really have a problem with Line 6 or Crate. The Crate GX-130 was used on some great death metal albums & I'd love to own one someday & I use Line 6 effect etc so don't think I would hate their amps that much. TBH the worst amp I have used is a Marshall AVT50, that thing sucked donkey balls.

Coronado

Reaction score
Lol still have my Gorilla and my Rogue!

But the Gorilla has a "Tubestack" dial for those lifelike tube tonesssss from the 6 inch speaker!

That's badass man! I'm not sure whatever happened to my Gorilla. Wish I could find it. Good memories. I did pick up a Crate GX-65 back in 1994 that I still have. Every now and then I'll plug into it. For some reason, after a few minutes of playing it will drop power (like it loses half its gain, or like your turning down the volume half way). :shrug:

whatsacleantone

Reaction score
I voted other cause don't really have a problem with Line 6 or Crate. The Crate GX-130 was used on some great death metal albums & I'd love to own one someday & I use Line 6 effect etc so don't think I would hate their amps that much. TBH the worst amp I have used is a Marshall AVT50, that thing sucked donkey balls.

I have a crate gx-600 that I bought for $75. It's pretty similar to the gx-130 and my buddy's vh140.

Ufoscorpion

Reaction score
Hate a brand ? Don't really get it , some brands/makes of amps are ****e but you don't 'hate' them . You just avoid them .

Reaction score
Don't hate on Crate, they made some good amps which all got discontinued:GX-130c, Excalibur, Stealth, Shockwave, Tidalwave, VTX series.
A lot of these amps I just listed are children of the Ampeg VH-140c which is my favorite amp, widely considered the best solid state ever made. The Crate name just got screwed up along the way. Those Crate practice amps still sound better than the Line 6 Spider 1, 2 and 3.

Some good Line 6 amps are the old Flextone II, the Vetta 1 and Vetta 2 and HD147. The newest Spider is a decent practice amp. But the POD xt Pro and POD xt Live turned me off of them forever as far as ease of use goes, and the new HD series is too hard to use without a computer editor... That's my beef with Line 6.