what colour should my marshall be?

• Thread starter sejj
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sejj

Reaction score
Hi
I've got a JCM900 and 1960B cab. The cabs a bit tatty so I'm going to re-tolex. I'm thinking, if I'm going to all that effort should I change the colour? I'm thinking red or cream at the moment.

What do you think?? Any pictures would be great.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
White.

20thAnnivPair.jpg

Sigi M

Reaction score
Hi
I've got a JCM900 and 1960B cab. The cabs a bit tatty so I'm going to re-tolex. I'm thinking, if I'm going to all that effort should I change the colour? I'm thinking red or cream at the moment.

Here´s a JCM 900 SLX in red

Sigi

Attachments

• marshall 119.jpg
    marshall 119.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 31

boola

Reaction score
Hi

If you ever come to sell it, you'll be glad you did it in black!

Ken

Reaction score
Not sure what a "900 and 1960B" means but I assume the 900 is a 1960A. Since you have a stack, changing the color is a good option (I hate mismatched stacks as I have one myself!). I like red or white...colors fetch premiums over black so don't worry what boola said. But you should have your amp the same color. Can you do that as well?

Ken

sejj

Reaction score
Not sure what a "900 and 1960B" means but I assume the 900 is a 1960A. Since you have a stack, changing the color is a good option (I hate mismatched stacks as I have one myself!). I like red or white...colors fetch premiums over black so don't worry what boola said. But you should have your amp the same color. Can you do that as well?

Ken
The cab is a 1960B not the 1960A, so it's straight not angled. The JCM900 is a 4500 50W Dual Reverb. I am looking to change the tolex of the head as well as the cab, I stripped it down to have a look, doesn't look too tricky a job.
Thanks for all the replies and pictures, I think I'm leaning towards red. But any more suggestion would be welcomed.
Cheers
Simon