What did I just do?!

• Thread starter stax
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

stax

VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't played a guitar with a locking trem in over 20 years and when I did it was Jackson, Charvel and the like. Never played Ibanez as I had obligations to others and I always saw Ibanez as a Joe/Steve guitar.

Playing around with this Japanese S5470 at GC made me think, "WTF was I thinking!"! And while I have always been a "traditionalist" (Les Pauls, ES, Strats, Teles) except for my stint with said Jackson, these type guitars never really appealed to me, until now?

Now I'm waiting for the RG1550 to be released from hold! I'm Fvcked!

stax

VIP Member
Reaction score
Jesus, that's a nice finish!

Transparent Black is the official name, sprayed over a Mahogany body. The thing I like about it is that it still looks traditional, but modern. It looks like something an "old" dude would play. Now the RG in Poisoned Pumpkin is going to be a different story!:)

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
They've always made nice guitars...

I used to love my old Artist (double cutaway LP), from the '70s. I traded it when I went to bass & never really looked at Ibanez again. I think when the markets got saturated w/ all the other imported versions, I steered clear of a lot of foreign made guitars. Probably the biggest turn off had always been the electronics, which kept me at bay from ever purchasing one. Funny though, because all it would have taken is to get pickups, etc. & throw them in, but, it was just enough, w/ my mindset, to keep me from buying any.

A lot of good players play them & they are shredder guitars...

stax

VIP Member
Reaction score
The rosewood board looked dry and thirsty so I fed it.

But not with these...

rmlevasseur

Reaction score
That's a classy axe. Looks like the board could use some lemon oil.

stax

VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a red one like that in the early 90s. loved it. Went through two bars for the trem and played the frets to the wood.

I have never played a guitar with a body as thin as this, it's just so light and comfortable. Different than nine pounds of Les Paul for sure.

Rocktane

Reaction score
That thing looks su-weet! I still remember the first time I picked up an RG550 in 87, it felt like it was custom built for me, bought it on the spot.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
Happy Soon to be NGD!
That thing is a total weapon.
If I'm getting this right... He bought the one in the images, & is waiting for another to have the 30 day release, to bring it home... :naughty:...

:wave:

So, it's happy NGD & soon to be NGD!

jem7sk

Reaction score
Stax.. why don't you record yourself playing it with one of your famous songs so we can figure out who you really are?

Bear R.

Reaction score
With ball bearings and sh!t! Trems have come a long way since my time!

Well, you made the right choice is what you did..That is a Sweet guitar Stax..Love the Trem on that thing..I hear Nothing but good about the Zero..!!..and Welcome back to the world of Floating Tremblos...a sinch to set up once you get used to 'em, and man do they make a difference in your playing abilities...the possibilities are endless..Congrats on a nice Ibby..:yesway:

stax

VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, you made the right choice is what you did..That is a Sweet guitar Stax..Love the Trem on that thing..I hear Nothing but good about the Zero..!!..and Welcome back to the world of Floating Tremblos...a sinch to set up once you get used to 'em, and man do they make a difference in your playing abilities...the possibilities are endless..Congrats on a nice Ibby..:yesway:

Thanks everyone for the kind words and likes. I felt like Luke having his light saber returned to him! For over twenty years I have carried a grudge towards these type of guitars that I don't think I was really aware of, I had forgotten how much fun they are, and isn't it really all about having fun?

DOD is correct, I got this one and another on hold (oh yeah, forgot to mention I got a DSL 15c with it)! Only live once, so fvck it!

Latest posts