What Do I want Marshall to build ?

• Thread starter ibmorjamn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sapient

 
Reaction score
I hear you , Alex Lifeson did great with those for years !

Just saw your KFC tiny bucket picture inside your Avatar , you're a fried chicken lover ? :D

Oh, KFC is great chemical treated morphed chicken product no doubt.

It's caught the interest of the little almost life-like fella behind it though. :)

:cheers:

Sapient

 
Reaction score
I had the the little 18w . It was good but I didn’t keep it. I ended up trading it for the 40c. Didn’t keep that either. I thought the 18w was more of metal style amp is the grandmeister classic voiced or is all heavy?

I didn't mention Marshall keeping that sound of course. Over to that, yes it's way too sterile and perfect. It's perfect sound is its very downfall to me.

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
i say a new refrigerator with a crisper drawer and a butter try.
oh and actually have the knobs or some of them knobs do something.
oh and a extention cab that can either be a frige or frozen section
at the flip of a switch.

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
i say a new refrigerator with a crisper drawer and a butter try.
oh and actually have the knobs or some of them knobs do something.
oh and a extention cab that can either be a frige or frozen section
at the flip of a switch.
Only if Ozzy pops out the drawer and bites the head off a bat!

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
they are not on top any more and have ran out of inovative ideas it seems
They have had good ideas and maybe went to the next and left good ones behind. Like the JMD. The JCM 900 but they did reissue that.
The plexi changed the music and amplifier world in one year. But long ago. The problem is electronics are so sophisticated now it seems the amps are over complicated with switching.

WellBurnTheSky

Reaction score
I didn't mention Marshall keeping that sound of course. Over to that, yes it's way too sterile and perfect. It's perfect sound is its very downfall to me.
Interestingly, I used to own a Triamp Mk1. Great amp, super flexible (crazy heavy though, it had a crapload of tubes), but yeah, sounded so perfect and slick it felt kinda sterile, it lacked teeth, nowhere near raw enough for my taste.
And I agree that in many ways digitally-controlled analog is the path forward for audio gear (I LOVE what companies such as Chase Bliss do), so yeah, seeing Marshall build something similar to the newer H&K amps would be pretty cool.

Chris Martins

Reaction score
Slightly more powerful DSL/TSL series, a 30 or 40 watt head would be perfect, just for the sake of having a little bit more clean headroom. And plywood slanted and straight 2x12s as per the 2061Xs to be able to create stacks with small box heads. That'd be a perfect stage setup. 2 heads and 4 cabs but smaller. In this day and age, I'm sure that'd sell like hot cakes. At this point, I'm probably going to build them myself sometime this year, but I'd love just having to buy them. :)

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
This makes the most sense of any idea I've heard.
Marshall branded reactive load attenuator/re-amp with a loop.
Want to use your vintage 100w with some loop effects and a 212 for a bar gig? - no problem.
Want to use your DSL1H and your magic dirt pedal through a full stack for the stadium tour? - no problem.
Make a few different sizes/styles to match the current & classic amp line-up.
One new product that works with every Marshall amp ever sold.
I think they would sell like hotcakes at the church fair.
Actually I take that back, a $400 attenuator with the Marshall name on it will go for $1399 which I wont be buying...

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually I take that back, a $400 attenuator with the Marshall name on it will go for $1399 which I wont be buying...
Well, a Bad Cat-ish solid state version at a lower price point, and a TAE-ish tube output at a higher price point could be an option.
But yeah, slap a Marchall logo on it and add a few hundred bucks over the competition.
You might not buy one, and I might not buy one, but that doesn't explain why people are spending crazy money on gear these days.
I still think they'd sell a boatload (literally, containers full of them from Vietnam).

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Well, a Bad Cat-ish solid state version at a lower price point, and a TAE-ish tube output at a higher price point could be an option.
But yeah, slap a Marchall logo on it and add a few hundred bucks over the competition.
You might not buy one, and I might not buy one, but that doesn't explain why people are spending crazy money on gear these days.
I still think they'd sell a boatload (literally, containers full of them from Vietnam).
I've been waiting for Bad Cat to get more stock in, they have exactly what I want, I was dumb and hesitated last year when they had them. :facepalm:

Totengott666

Reaction score
A JCM800KK, make the boost footswitchable and give it an effects loop. I'd be so happy.

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been waiting for Bad Cat to get more stock in, they have exactly what I want, I was dumb and hesitated last year when they had them. :facepalm:
I think I got one of the last ones.
They went "out of stock" right after I ordered.
Used may be you're only hope, I'm not sure if they'll make more with the issue of getting scorched by 100w amps.