• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

What is going on with Marshall and their lack of shipments of speakers, and amps to the United States?

• Thread starter guitarsmasher
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ByrdmanFL

Reaction score
They are and it is. I even know better snd then put the wrong one in after reading someone else’s mistake.
When they first acquired Marshall, I thought they were the same. I dont spell very well, more of a numbers person, but my dumbass should have at least caught the second z:facepalm:

jeffb

Reaction score
Dates for Zzounds- the RETAILER- still are mostly Oct 17th, 31st, and Nov 15th. Some items (slower sellers) have no dates.

But looks like they got some Vsl20s and some sc20 combos since last week.

Last edited:

ReWind James

Reaction score
Myself and others I know have waited over a year on the HW cabs. Everyone I know gave up and sourced used / vintage.

I don't see how Marshall can even ship the HW cabs and combos when Celestion no longer makes the speakers for them.

The ONLY "G12H-30" Celestion makes anymore for the 4x12s is the 70th Anniversary. No more Heritage.

The ONLY G12M-20 that Celestion makes anymore is the EVH. Fine speaker, but red and white stripped EVH speakers will look pretty absurd in the back of a Bluesbreaker combo.

jeffb

Reaction score
Myself and others I know have waited over a year on the HW cabs. Everyone I know gave up and sourced used / vintage.

I don't see how Marshall can even ship the HW cabs and combos when Celestion no longer makes the speakers for them.

The ONLY "G12H-30" Celestion makes anymore for the 4x12s is the 70th Anniversary. No more Heritage.

The ONLY G12M-20 that Celestion makes anymore is the EVH. Fine speaker, but red and white stripped EVH speakers will look pretty absurd in the back of a Bluesbreaker combo.
FWIW James- the 55HZ and 75hz heritage G12H are out there for sale in various places. Maybe places you wouldn't think to look first. Amazon, for example.

I've been hemming and hawing on another 55hz for awhile.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
FWIW James- the 55HZ and 75hz heritage G12H are out there for sale in various places. Maybe places you wouldn't think to look first. Amazon, for example.

Mojotone has been carrying H30 55hz...

there's some 55hz for sale in the classifieds, I think.

(edit)
here:

vtrain

Reaction score
I am waiting for a 1974CX, but I feel like I’m getting jerked around on an actual delivery date. And I’m not sure it’s only retailers because they all adjusted their estimated delivery dates at the same time. Now it’s like mid November but I bet that will change.

Anyway, I just ordered a Mojotone clone and a Scumback M55-PVC 65w. They’ll show up within a week or so and I’ll be all set, and the speaker will be able to actually handle a 30-watt plus amp.

BHGunner

Reaction score
I have also been waiting on a JCM800 since March. The rep I spoke with at SW yesterday informed me that they have been pushed to December now (JCM 800). Back in March they had said to expect them in July, then that changed to August, then October, and now December. As of a couple of weeks ago, it was still predicted to arrive in October. I don't mind the wait, but at this rate I doubt they'll be in until 2025. With the price drops, it's well worth the wait considering that most heads in a similar quality range are now more expensive. Hoping Marshall sorts this out as I'm sure there will be high demand on a lot of their finer gear.

Been following this thread for a while now, thought I'd contribute with the latest info I have received.

ReWind James

Reaction score

I'm not interested in them, personally. I do have a few sets, but I've found them a bit too compressed and congested, compared to the Pulsonics.

I see the raw Heritage speakers for sale, now and then, but they are almost always 8 Ohms, and / or 75H (for the H magnets) and never the actual T1281s or T1221s. I thought the T1221 Heritages were much closer to the T1221 Pulsonics than the T1281 Heritages were to the T1281 Pulsonics, FWIW.

Preferences aside, Marshall can't ship a product line that uses the Heritage speakers when Celestion discontinued them, maybe a couple years ago? Even if there are a few left at dealers, here and there, Marshall has to either use some other speaker or not ship the cabs. All they have done so far, since the Heritages were discontinued (as far as I know) is delay shipment dates to dealers repeatedly and make the wording on their website about the speakers more vague.

If anyone has some recent dated 1960BHW cab, a 1960AHW cab, or a 1974X combo, I'd be interested to hear what speakers Marshall shipped them with.

Latest posts