what les paul do you like best

• Thread starter knucklebut
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

John BNY

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Standard, and then the Traditional.

blues_n_cues

VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not really picky except for it has to-
be pre Henry J.
have binding
have 4 knobs.

no clown bursts.EVER!!!!

and for you other clowns,an SG is NOT a Les Paul.
:wave:

Dino

Reaction score
Model isn't really significant as long as it has a 60's neck, it sounds good and feels good.

Having said that, I love goldtops. :dude:

stalefish

Reaction score
I'm probably in the minority that I don't like flame, quilt, tiger, etc tops. I don't want to see wood grain. I couldn't care less about the look of the wood. Paint that bitch. Preferably Gold Top or plain old black or white.

So I like any of them with a plain top, 60s neck, pickguard, binding, etc. I like PAF/moderate output pickups too. No 500Ts or Dirty Fingers mega output junk. Give me a Burstbucker or 57. I generally prefer the solid, or traditional swiss cheese relieving. No chambering or modern weight relief. That's just me though.

duncan11

Reaction score
Fave model, R9's with tad less shoulders. I can deal with depth but shoulders on the neck are the deal breakers for me. These two are just about perfect-

13-

KdNMtlu.jpg

14-

Tv9rCw8.jpg

Necks are very close .908 to .910 respectively, but the 13 has a hair less shoulder which makes it a very comfortable guitar to play. The 14 has a strong punch and natural resonation is better.

I've owned Studios, Standards, Traditionals and R8's as well, but the ones I tend to gel the most with are R9's. Even my 2 CC's are 59 burst copies (CC2 and CC8).

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
For me , I love the older guitars no matter what they are but the only way I will buy a $6.000 guitar is if I get a #1 record Lol
From my recent posts I was going after a 2011 Studio Deluxe. Not my favorite but I have played studio's I didn't like.
Funny I used to have a Black 90's Les paul that was on an extended loan and I never played it. I did have my 70's SG back then.

Latest posts