What Music Are You Listening To Right Now ??

• Thread starter Red Solo Cup
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GibsonMarshallGuy47

Reaction score
also released 30 years ago yesterday

ogbjaVA_grande.jpg

10kDA

Reaction score
Quicksilver Messenger Service: Pride of Man.

I was in a band with a bassist who had a couple of Fenders, a Ric, and a short-scale Gibson EB-0. He called the EB-0 "a toy." David Freiburg is a pretty big guy and he REALLY makes that short-scale EB-3 look like a toy. LOL

asostre

Reaction score
A friend of mine sent me this and it reminded me of my love for bluegrass. Haven't listened to that genre in a long time.

tallcoolone

Reaction score
NLPD: LZ Live at MSG '73. Some more songs on this one than my original TSRTS soundtrack album, and sound quality way better. Could be due to remastering, and all these songs, and more, are nowadays included on digital releases. More fun to play LP, though (these are 140-145 g/record). I wonder if some songs were recorded on different night than those on TSRTS. Seems like some passages are sligthly different, but could of course be due to remastering.

View attachment 128370View attachment 128371
Very cool but I find the order of the songs to be very odd. They start out with the encore and end with the first 2 songs?

The soundtrack is a mash up of all 3 shows—check this site out if you haven’t before, great info:

BlueX

Reaction score
Very cool but I find the order of the songs to be very odd. They start out with the encore and end with the first 2 songs?

The soundtrack is a mash up of all 3 shows—check this site out if you haven’t before, great info:

Thanks for the link! I will check that out. Would be interesting to hear the full recordings of each of the three nights, but I haven't been looking for it (yet).

Song order is odd on almost all official live albums I own. It's a strange listening experience when you hear "Thank you and good night!" and there are still some songs left on the LP.

tallcoolone

Reaction score
Thanks for the link! I will check that out. Would be interesting to hear the full recordings of each of the three nights, but I haven't been looking for it (yet).

Song order is odd on almost all official live albums I own. It's a strange listening experience when you hear "Thank you and good night!" and there are still some songs left on the LP.
I have bootlegs of all three shows--one night is pretty spotty sound wise

AttillaDeHunt

Reaction score
At the very moment of reading the post, I was listening to Randy Newman singing a T.V. theme song. He's right, "It's a jungle out there!" Meanwhile, cued up on the P.A. is Black Sabbath, "13", chock full of Geezer Groovy Goodness!!