What The Hell Happened To Music...

• Thread starter GuitarIV
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Trelwheen

Delicious AND Satisfying
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
The world is RIPE for the next Beethoven, the next Beatles, a new champion of the aural arts the likes of which the world has yet to behold! I can smell it, like plump peaches left unpicked and having fallen on the forest floor. Popular music of our times, jazz, blues and their child Rock and roll have lived a beautiful and long life and, like classical music before it, has splintered into a thousand shards of world-weary pulp. Forget the mass of uneducated, undisciplined young joystick motors...they are as irrelevant to what's coming as the pseudo-music they feed their anemic, empty minds. What's coming next will be bigger than anything we've heard yet. Keep very still and you can feel the rumbling in the earth beneath your feet. It's coming, and soon. Do not doubt, but take heart! It is we who sit here today who are collectively the engine that will power the change to come once the curtains are drawn back by that one artist, that one composer, one band, one gathering of creators who will set it in motion.

Art can never die, but it must be reborn, it must change, develop, progress....and we are lucky to be here to see the greatest iteration of this firsthand when it comes crashing through the floodgates!

Last edited:

BanditPanda

Reaction score
The world is RIPE for the next Beethoven, the next Beatles, a new champion of the aural arts the likes of which the world has yet to behold! I can smell it, like plump peaches left unpicked and having fallen on the forest floor. Popular music of our times, jazz, blues and their child Rock and roll have lived a beautiful and long life and, like classical music before it, has splintered into a thousand shards of world-weary pulp. Forget the mass of uneducated, undisciplined young joystick motors...they are as irrelevant to what's coming as the pseudo-music they feed their anemic, empty minds. What's coming next will be bigger than anything we've heard yet. Keep very still and you can feel the rumbling in the earth beneath your feet. It's coming, and soon. Do not doubt, but take heart! It is we who sit here today who are collectively the engine that will power the change to come once the curtains are drawn back by that one artist, that one composer, one band, one gathering of creators who will set it in motion.

Art can never die, but it must be reborn, it must change, develop, progress....and we are lucky to be here to see the greatest iteration of this firsthand when it comes crashing through the floodgates!

Jeebus Crust gimme a break !!! LOL.
Save it for your next CD filler.:cheers:
BP

Ghostman

Reaction score
The world is RIPE for the next Beethoven, the next Beatles, a new champion of the aural arts the likes of which the world has yet to behold!

nickelback.jpg

Trelwheen

Delicious AND Satisfying
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was hoping for a couple of Tung in Chuck responses :applause:

Jeebus Crust....that made my dough.

S.A.T.O.

Reaction score
I never wanted to be that guy in my 40's or 50's who bashed the younger generations music, I always felt if you wanted to sound or look old that was a one way ticket there. But the truth is music is going in the toilet. It's so cheap to produce these albums today, and it's a big win for the record companies. There's very little musicianship out there. It costs a lot of money to fund a rock band between the equipment, label support, giving them time to record. Because of those factors I think this crap will be around a while.

BanditPanda

Reaction score
I never wanted to be that guy in my 40's or 50's who bashed the younger generations music, I always felt if you wanted to sound or look old that was a one way ticket there. But the truth is music is going in the toilet. It's so cheap to produce these albums today, and it's a big win for the record companies. There's very little musicianship out there. It costs a lot of money to fund a rock band between the equipment, label support, giving them time to record. Because of those factors I think this crap will be around a while.

There are more and much, much better guitar players than ever before. Music Schools / Guitar Schools are proliferating.
Musicianship is very much out there, perhaps more than ever. Just that the music that sells big these day ( Hip Hop/Rap etc. ) doesn't require a high standard of music knowledge.
I am not aware of the state of country music these days but am pretty certain it is as strong as ever with musicians to boot.
BP

Ghostman

Reaction score
Ironic post is Irony.

Ghostman

Reaction score
There are more and much, much better guitar players than ever before. Music Schools / Guitar Schools are proliferating.
Musicianship is very much out there, perhaps more than ever. Just that the music that sells big these day ( Hip Hop/Rap etc. ) doesn't require a high standard of music knowledge.
I am not aware of the state of country music these days but am pretty certain it is as strong as ever with musicians to boot.
BP
Granted this is a Guitar forum, so it stands to reason R&B and Hip Hop/Rap will get bashed considerably, but I've heard a lot of that stuff lately that just blows my mind how much effort goes into it. There are stupid lyrics in all genres, and all bands. Even the Almighty Led Zepplin has recorded stupid songs. The Beatles too. #9 ring a bell? What a waste of tape.

The complaint I hear the most about Rap, is that if the song isn't about drugs, and women, and fucking, then it's about social injustice which makes conservative heads explode at light speed.

S.A.T.O.

Reaction score
Ironic post is Irony.
LoL I hear you. I’ve tried hard to listen to today’s popular music but nothing really grabs me as having much merit or talent behind it. Just my opinion, I’m open to listening to anything so if someone has something that will help change my mind feel free to pass it along

J E H

Reaction score
again, PP
most of radio (85%+ is really bad for one's brain) = PP
More and more TV =PP
very little real virtuoso ( you guessed it PP_}

Latest posts