What was your first good electric Guitar?

• Thread starter lpaholic59Don
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Robertf

Reaction score
Probably not everyones cup of tea on this board, but here's my first really good one...

1968 Rickenbacker 330/6. The amp is a '65 Deluxe Reverb. Wish I still had both of them. I had owned the guitar for about 3 years when the pic was taken and the color had faded noticeably already.

RobwithRickenbacker1971.jpg

number1984

Reaction score
Jackson Bolt on #1022, the twenty second one made out of san dimas. Cost $1100 bucks back in the 80's, still sounds great through the marshall model#1987

steelhorse

Reaction score
About 30 years or so ago my ex gave me an American made strat in mint condition for Christmas. She did this completely out of the blue because she knew I wanted an electric but didn't know where to start.

I never should have gotten rid of her.

The guitar AND the wife! :(

rocker67

Reaction score
My first good elcetric guitar was a Kramer Berreta U.S.A made. Damn good guitar. Was very easy to play. I had purchased it back in 1988. Unfortunately, it was stolen.:mad:

poeman33

Reaction score
My first good elcetric guitar was a Kramer Berreta U.S.A made. Damn good guitar. Was very easy to play. I had purchased it back in 1988. Unfortunately, it was stolen.:mad:

I ordered one of those when they first came out. 84-85 I think. It became my main stage guitar. It had one really good humbucker as the only pickup, and I added a Dimarzio HS-1 in the neck position. With the Floyd Rose and those two pickups...(and the Marshall of course)...I was all set for the eighties :)

Coolguy

Reaction score
Must've been a 2000 MiM HSS Stratocaster.
The pickups were alot hotter back then.

I kept it with me ever since and has been upgraded a few times.
At the moment it has an EMG Kirk Hammet setup, Locking Schaller Tuners and an LSR nut.

I still use it quite alot. :hmm:

Unknown3

Reaction score
My first good electric guitar? Certainly not my very first guitar (which was an Epiphone LP Special-II). My second guitar (and currently my favorite) is my Jackson RR3 Rhoads (see attachment). I need to get the strings replaced to skinny top heavy bottom strings by Ernie Ball.

Attachments

• 100058174xl.jpg
    100058174xl.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 2

Werner Sommer

Reaction score
My first electric was a Hofner hollow-body, a copy of a Gibson L-5. THEN, after relentlessly begging my parents, they caved and bought me a '74 cherry sunburst 20th anniversary Gibson Les Paul Custom. Sold it a few years later to a guy in Long Island, so I could buy a 1970 Gibson Medallion V.

Unknown3

Reaction score
My first electric was a Hofner hollow-body, a copy of a Gibson L-5. THEN, after relentlessly begging my parents, they caved and bought me a '74 cherry sunburst 20th anniversary Gibson Les Paul Custom. Sold it a few years later to a guy in Long Island, so I could buy a 1970 Gibson Medallion V.

I had to fight with my parents for 2 days to convince them to let me buy a bass guitar + amp. And I had to pay for it myself.

Some of you are lucky f******! :p

Keefoman

Reaction score
Myu frst "good" guitar was my Fender Talon. This was a joint effort between
Ibanez and Fender to produce a killer axe at great prices. Made in the same
plant all high end Ibanez got made. Problem was with Fender... they didnt
advertise this line the proper way.

Fender used top notch parts on these guitars... Floyd Rose Pro, Dimarzio's (what
later became Super3's and the Evo neck if i remember correctly). They play incredibly
and sound killer in ANY situation. They also offered 7 models of these... the top end
(talon V) shown below is pretty an upgraded Ibanez RG 770. I bought this one new in
1992 for $1400 inc OHSC.

IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

Img_0193.jpg

Weren't these mainly marketed as 'Heartfield' ?

kevink

Reaction score
A `63 or 4 SG special with a fender princeton reverb for $225. And that was to much back in 1965. Just luck, no skill involved. I really, really wish I never sold ANY guitars but nobody had a crystal ball....

psphill27

Reaction score
My first good guitar was a Gibson Flying V that I bought in 1984 and used during my metal days. Sounded great, but I off loaded it in 1987 to buy a custom painted Kramer Beretta with a Floyd and Seymour Duncan JB in it. Man that guitar rocked! I don't have either one of them anymore. Totally a Les Paul guy now and have three of them. Life is good.

Les Pauls and Marshalls...you can take over the world with that!

alx

Reaction score
my first was a cheap strat copy.
i then got an ibanez pgm. yes, a pgm. i was young.
i then traded it for a cij fender jazzmaster, which i still have, play and love.
answering the topic title question, my first good electric guitar was my beloved jazzmaster.

sojatriani

Reaction score
Charvel Blueburst San Dimas just like Jake E. Lee!!!! Saved all summer for that guitar. It was stolen in 89.

steelhorse

Reaction score
My best gear from back in the day never got stolen in the classical sense, I had to sell it to pay off my ex in the divorce settlement.

Mase947

Reaction score
40th Anniversary Stratocaster. Black with mother of pearl pick guard. It was my first guitar and remains my favorite... Probably always will be.

JAC

Reaction score
Mine is a 1978 black Fender Mustang with a rosewood neck. I still have it and the hard case with the red fuzz light lining inside. I purchased it through employee sales at CBS Musical Instruments, I got an employee 40% discount on it. It's still a great guitar to this very day. Back then it was my only guitar and I play it through a pignose amp!