Whatcha listenin to lately?

• Thread starter managainstcatfish
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

managainstcatfish

Reaction score
Doesn't matter if it's old or new, nor does the genre matter. I'll start.

ASG - Blood Drive
Voivod - Target Earth
Mastodon - various, mostly Crack The Skye
Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime (obsessed with this album!)
Fleetwood Mac - Greatest Hits
Prince - Purple Rain (I said it- deal with it)
Enslaved - Ruun

:scratch:

Vinsanitizer

*** Canceled ***
VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm always listening to Bluegrass. Rock music blows today all around, save maybe the occasional odd song I happen to hear at the mall, which by then is usually 3 years old already.

Other than Bluegrass, I just jam to old music from way before pitch-correction was invented. When R&B was actually Rhythm and Blues, before Rap and Hip Hop and keyboards (except piano), and when new sounds were coming out that had never been heard before. No need for new music when all the best stuff's already been written and recorded.

The Ozzk

Reaction score
Volbeat - Outlaw Gentlemen & Shady Ladies
Johnny Cash - Greatest Hits
Slash - Apocalyptic Love
Billy Idol - Greatest Hits

The Ozzk

Reaction score
BTW, went to Volbeat, Airbourne, All that Remains, HIM concert on monday... interesting findings... very interesting indeed.

managainstcatfish

Reaction score
I'm always listening to Bluegrass. Rock music blows today all around, save maybe the occasional odd song I happen to hear at the mall, which by then is usually 3 years old already.

Other than Bluegrass, I just jam to old music from way before pitch-correction was invented. When R&B was actually Rhythm and Blues, before Rap and Hip Hop and keyboards (except piano), and when new sounds were coming out that had never been heard before. No need for new music when all the best stuff's already been written and recorded.

I said it didn't have to be new. Drop some names, especially on the bluegrass. I lived in Humboldt county for over a decade, & live bluegrass was a constant around those parts. Some of that shit just shreds, man.

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-NOZU2iPA8]Jesus Is My Friend by Sonseed - YouTube[/ame]

The Ozzk

Reaction score
Meaning? Good or bad?

Both actually.

The show started with Airbourne. I knew they would rock the place. What I didn't expect was the incredible display of pure raw energy. They are the definition of a hard rock band. AMAZING.

Then All that Remains took the stage. I wasn't too impressed. The music was extremely convoluted. In my opinion, extremely detuned guitars that sound like basses and then basses that sound like stomach growls at extreme volumes makes for a bad show. Songs were 7 mins long with 6:40 mins of lyrics. too much. The dummer was exceptional though.

The third act was HIM (His Infernal Majesty). When they first came out I was impressed by the aesthetics of the band. Dark mix of elegant sharpness and an air of evilness. The sound was terrible. The band seemed to have some catchy riffs and clever structure to their songs but the keyboard, extremely loud drums, and terrible low-freq oriented eq drowned the songs. The show seemed to drag after the 4th song. They lost contact with the audience.

I had very high expectations of Volbeat. They met them all and much more. If you have the chance to see this band live don't miss it. They simply destroyed the place. Tight, powerful, charismatic. Every member of the band was entertaining. This is one act I will catch every time I can. Simply amazing.

Last edited:

Biddlin

In Memorandum
Reaction score
It's Hi Ho Hey...A reflection on zeal !

Bold Marauder-Dick and Mimi Farina

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KbSMYRMbDE"]Mimi and Richard Farina Bold Marauder - YouTube[/ame]

Biddlin ;>)/

2Q==
2Q==
sar-play01s.jpg
Maumau481.jpg
120613121616-kkk-2-horizontal-gallery.jpg

What's so funny 'bout peace,love and understanding?

rocknblues

Reaction score
Everyday it's a huge variety. Within last 24 hours..

Gregory Porter (new voice in style of Nat King Cole)
Gary Clark Junior - Black and Blu
ZZ Top - La Futura
Clutch - Earth Rocker
Sick Puppies -
Malmsteen - Icarus Dream Suite

Lo-Tek

Reaction score
crickets chirping mostly. sometimes coyotes hunting. johnny cash was a spirit coyote and told homer the meaning of life. he died ten years to the day. rip johnny.

hbach

Reaction score
Blackberry Smoke, The Whippoorwill
Rush, Live in Cleveland
Ted Nugent, Live Gonzo
Mount Carmel, Real Women (Thanks to a forum recommendation)

DBi5

Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkAFmWSGJec"]March In September - Between Dog And Wolf - New Model Army - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZtZIUgY0IM"]Steven Wilson - The Raven That Refused To Sing (Live) - YouTube[/ame]