• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

What's your main guitar?

• Thread starter richieG
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

66 galaxie

VIP Member
Reaction score
Right now, it's the black one on the left.
But, the best sounding one, hands down, is the black one on the right :naughty:
I do like Strats, but the Explorer just does it for me.

IMG_2015.jpg

Edit, spelling.

Last edited:

captcoolaid

Reaction score
Thanks Twin. That is the pickup I am gonna send to you to check out. I am just waiting for it to get here. She just got a full level and dressing done as well as a corian nut.

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
diesect20022000-albums-me-picture3402-erline-new-pups.jpg

Duncan 59 neck and MHD Homewrecker in the bridge.

I switch up a lot depending on what i'm doing but, this guitar with the homewrecker's my all around favorite.

for straight metal the tempest and for shred the Jackson but, i've been using the SG for all of it lately:)

captcoolaid

Reaction score
You know I have tried to like them but have only bonded with one and that was an Elliot Easton Sig model. Loved that one but the price tag was way to huge.

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
You know I have tried to like them but have only bonded with one and that was an Elliot Easton Sig model. Loved that one but the price tag was way to huge.
Yeah they're not for everybody. I like the explorers neck and tones but, the weight is rough on my nerve damaged shoulder and whatnot (back etc) and the body's not comfortable to me either. It'd be better if i wasn't 310lbs though,lol.

what i really love is a super strat with 16 rad and stainless frets but, otherwise a strat (HB in bridge) but, i have to build it,lol.

DSL100 Dude

Reaction score
My main guitar since 1980...something has been my Jackson Strat. It is one of the early bolt on deals considered "first year production". It has been "semi-retired" for several years now. I picked up my Tacocaster back in '98 and has been my main gigger up until I picked up my Les Paul standard a year and a half ago. My intent was to get the Tacocaster refretted and dressed up real nice with some new pickups and I still plan on doing that but I am seriously G.A.S.sing for a new Strat right now.

Maybe under the tree...:hmm:

matt3310

Reaction score
More like a modern neck. Not a fat one at all. I've got 6 Strat pluses and all the necks are very similar. Except this one. It just fits like a glove! Has a hint of a V, kinda like a Clapton neck mixed with a Modern neck. The smoothest fretboard edge in history!

sccloser

Reaction score
My main guitar since 1980...something has been my Jackson Strat. It is one of the early bolt on deals considered "first year production". It has been "semi-retired" for several years now. I picked up my Tacocaster back in '98 and has been my main gigger up until I picked up my Les Paul standard a year and a half ago. My intent was to get the Tacocaster refretted and dressed up real nice with some new pickups and I still plan on doing that but I am seriously G.A.S.sing for a new Strat right now.

Maybe under the tree...:hmm:

:lol::lol::lol: Love it! So, is a Tacocaster a Tele or a Strat?

Clammy

Reaction score
Main bass - custom hand made Moser Arachnid Ultra. With the exception of one gig, it's the only bass I've played live and in the studio since bringing her home in Jan. 2005!!!

ArachnidULTRAFull.jpg

ClammyForBooklet.jpg

My main guitar, which I do my writing one and play at home all the time (and is also the last guitar I played live) - 1983 handmade USA BC Rich Warlock.

Rotationof1983Warlock.jpg

Cheers!
:dude::dude::dude:

Latest posts