When new does Marshall jubilee 2525c, make any noise?

• Thread starter CGH1
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CGH1

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got my first tube amp a Marshall jubilee 2525c.
Do they suppose to make any noise with NOTHING plugged in?
Or should you hear a little bit of air flow or a small hiss when raising the mater output or the volume etc?
I just want to make sure everything is ok and my lack of experience is driving me batty lmfao.
Also the box was beat up when it arrived so that’s driving me batty also it’s in my head .
Crazy, the packaging was not good at all so you know.

ByrdmanFL

Reaction score
I dont have any idea on whether your Jub has issues, but I can make a few suggestions that may get you more help.

1. Record a video and post in on YouTube and link it here so we can see and hear what you are talking about.

2. Dont make multiple posts asking the same thing, they will get skipped over and no one will respond.

YMMV and welcome to MF:welcome:

Kinkless Tetrode

Reaction score
With nothing plugged in these amps are pretty close to dead quiet as far as hum and buzz. Standby on or off.

Most tube amps will have a very soft, hardly able to hear it in a quiet room, sound of electricity cycling through the transformers when powered up. If you have tinnitus or hearing loss you won't hear it, it's that soft.

With the 2525 I have found it good to follow the following when powering on and off. (I think this is because of the power scaling in the power supply and is not required of most tube amps.)

Make sure the standby switch is off, or not on high power or low power, before switching on the main power switch. Wait 30 seconds before switching the standby switch to high or low power,

When switching off, put the standby switch into the middle position and wait a few seconds before switching off the red mains power switch. Following this procedure will prevent hums and noise.